Exclude Folders Question

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
frew

Exclude Folders Question

Post by frew »

Hello,

I want TV4 to show me all the wav files on my hard drive, including the wav files in Windows Desktop folder (and subfolders of Desktop), but excluding all the other wav files in the main Windows folder.

It's like I want to exclude all of the Windows folder from my search except for the Windows/Desktop folder as I have TV4 search all of my Drive C.

Show me all wav in Drive C including the wav in Windows/Desktop, but not all the the rest of the wav in the rest of Windows main folder.

How can I get TV4 to do this?

If I exclude the path C:\Windows, then the wav files in Windows\Desktop do not whow up.

I do not want all the other stuff in Windows main folder to show up.

Maybe I am overlooking the obvious?

Thank you,

Frew

admin
Site Admin

Re: Exclude Folders Question

Post by admin »

That's not possible currently. Exclusion always includes all subfolders, ie you exclude whole branches.

frew

Post by frew »

Okay,

Thank you for letting me know,

Frew

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

I might be wrong, only did a very brief test of this, but if you have C:\Windows\ in your exclude list, and as path for search you set C:\ | C:\Windows\Desktop you should get, I think, what you're looking for

frew

Post by frew »

Oh very nice, yes jacky that works very well.

Thank you very much for sharing this technique, which shows all wav on Drive C except for the wav in Windows folder, but does also show the wav in one subfolder of Windows, ie the Desktop folder.

Frew