Create Multiple Shortcuts From TV3 Search Results?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

admin wrote:
Gandolf wrote:I would also have expected that double-clicking (or Enter) on the link would have displayed the image in my default graphics viewer, as it does with other file managers. Right-click and open does open the image in the graphics viewer.
That's standard behavior: Double-clicking (or Enter) triggers the default command (the one that's bold in the context menu).
But it does not trigger the default command in my case (O.S. is XP).

Double-click and Enter do NOT work from links but Open (the bold entry) in the context menu does. If the context menu works then I cannot understand why the double-click or enter do not work. It applies to all (I expect) links; I've checked with EXE, TXT, HTML & JPG. I've checked several other file managers and some work correctly, some display an error message and some do nothing. TrackerV3 displays the standard Windows message "Windows cannot open this file..." because it is unable to determine what application to open it with.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gandolf wrote:
admin wrote:... That's standard behavior: Double-clicking (or Enter) triggers the default command (the one that's bold in the context menu).
But it does not trigger the default command in my case (O.S. is XP).
Oh, damn, I was wrong! Double-clicking/Enter in TV3 does always open the file.

However, this does not solve your problem.

What I could do is: resolve the link before running the open, in other words open the target instead of the link.
2 minutes later: Well, I will actually do this and there is no need for a configurable option, right? When you open a link, you always mean the target, don't you?

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

admin wrote:...When you open a link, you always mean the target, don't you?
Yes, I would always expect opening a link to open the target file.

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

admin wrote:... Well, I will actually do this and there is no need for a configurable option ...
It works perfectly, and you are so speedy at responding to our requests. I can see I'm going to have to find suggestions that are more difficult!