Filtering

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

Thank you, the selection filter is excellent.

"Visual Filter" would be my preferred name.

The main feature for me is to have multiple filters i.e. *.txt;*.doc (but don't use "," as the separator!). It is very rarely that I have had the need for anything more complicated.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gandolf wrote:"Visual Filter" would be my preferred name.

The main feature for me is to have multiple filters i.e. *.txt;*.doc (but don't use "," as the separator!). It is very rarely that I have had the need for anything more complicated.
Ok, Visual Filter sounds nice to me too!

*.txt;*.doc ... yeah, that was to be expected :wink: but it will take a lot of space on the tab headers...

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

admin wrote:... but it will take a lot of space on the tab headers...
No problem! Because I have long paths I cannot see the full path with more than two tabs anyway, so a little less won't make much difference.

Now to complicate things more for you. Since a Visual filter can be applied with browsing tabs off it would be helpful to have an indication that a filter was active. Something in the status bar where the numbers of items are displayed? 12/34, for example, showing the number of filtered files (12) and the total number of files (34).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gandolf wrote:Now to complicate things more for you. Since a Visual filter can be applied with browsing tabs off it would be helpful to have an indication that a filter was active. Something in the status bar where the numbers of items are displayed? 12/34, for example, showing the number of filtered files (12) and the total number of files (34).
Yes, obviously. My pleasure :)

rod147

Post by rod147 »

What about a little flashing icon in the status bar to indicate 'Filter On'?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

rod147 wrote:What about a little flashing icon in the status bar to indicate 'Filter On'?
No flashing, please. Isn't the text coloring enough?

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

admin wrote:No flashing, please.
Agreed, I find it satisfactory as it is. If just that section of the status bar could have a different background colour, that might be a way of making it more obvious.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gandolf wrote:
admin wrote:No flashing, please.
Agreed, I find it satisfactory as it is. If just that section of the status bar could have a different background colour, that might be a way of making it more obvious.
Hmmm. Rather a non-flashing icon...

phatmankerr

Still show folders

Post by phatmankerr »

Great addition to XYplorer, but is there anyway to still display the folder structure (in the files pane) when filterning ?

Thanks