Can TV3 go back to "found" search results?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
spinner

Can TV3 go back to "found" search results?

Post by spinner »

TV3 does a search and then lists the files and folders it finds in the List View.

If one of the "found" folders is double clicked and opened (and it turns out not to be the one the user is looking for) then is it possible to go back to the List View showing the search results?

Or does the search have to be repeated?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Can TV3 go back to "found" search results?

Post by admin »

Shift+F3: repeat last find.

spinner

Post by spinner »

admin wrote:Shift+F3: repeat last find.
Repeat Last Find will create the list of found files (and it will do it quickly), However doinf this does not really help a user who might be working through the list of found files and has left his cursor highlighting a particular file in order to mark where he has got up to. (If you see what I mean!)

It would be nice to be able to go back to see that list and the highlighted file. I guess the info is already stored by TV3 so it would be a matter of saving it and then re-showing it. Or maybe it's trickier than that? :-)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, I think I see what you mean. I don't see a solution at the moment that is so easy that it would not need to be explained. In other words: I rather have an easy straight tab system with some inherent draw backs than something that grows ever more complicated.
As a work around: you can always clone the current tab (CTRL+T) and work on from that clone while the original tab preserves all the infos you like to be preserved.

Oswald

Post by Oswald »

When the search is launched only with a contained text, the search request is launched again each time I active the panel...

What about adding an option to enable searches to a separate tab?
and an another to restrict this to one "specific" tab?
Last edited by Oswald on 22 Aug 2005 10:44, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Oswald wrote:When the search is only with contained text the search is launched again each time I active the panel...
? What ?
Oswald wrote:What about adding an option to enable searches to a separate tab?
Yes, this is already on my list. It will happen...

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

admin wrote:
Oswald wrote:What about adding an option to enable searches to a separate tab?
Yes, this is already on my list. It will happen...
any news on that? Cause I'd love to have both a "search results in a new tab" option and a "use the search results tab" one 8)
Right now I have a tab I renamed "Search Results" that I try to use for that, but I kinda forgot sometimes :roll:

BTW a few times already I've seen the "Search Template" and I have still no idea what it is/how it works?? Could you help me there?
I tried to do the "save settings as template" but it never did anything :?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jacky wrote:I'd love to have both a "search results in a new tab" option and a "use the search results tab" one 8)
Ok, I tried to implement a "search results in a new tab" yesterday and it works ok. Only I still have some interface problems: should it be a checkbox (where?), some key-combination or what?
jacky wrote:BTW a few times already I've seen the "Search Template" and I have still no idea what it is/how it works?? Could you help me there?
I tried to do the "save settings as template" but it never did anything :?
Help file: Find Files Templates

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

admin wrote:Ok, I tried to implement a "search results in a new tab" yesterday and it works ok. Only I still have some interface problems: should it be a checkbox (where?), some key-combination or what?
Just an idea, if you can add stuff there (would still work in 800x600):

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jacky wrote:
admin wrote:Ok, I tried to implement a "search results in a new tab" yesterday and it works ok. Only I still have some interface problems: should it be a checkbox (where?), some key-combination or what?
Just an idea, if you can add stuff there (would still work in 800x600):
Very neat! :D

Which tab is the "search results tab"? Easy answer: the one that's called "search results". If there is none, create one. If there are more than one, take the first you find.
OK?

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

admin wrote:Which tab is the "search results tab"? Easy answer: the one that's called "search results". If there is none, create one. If there are more than one, take the first you find.
OK?
Yes; perfect! :D

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jacky wrote:Yes; perfect! :D
This screenshot was really inspiring :wink: check out the new BETA! 8) It's a very cool new feature...