Default Tab

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
phred

Default Tab

Post by phred »

Using 23.70

[Preface: I've got to get in the habit of copying my settings file before screwing around with settings.]

I've got a default and locked tab. It's also the home tab. I'm fairly certain that before I started messing around with the tab settings that when I double-clicked on a directory in the default/locked/home tab, or in the directory list, a new tab would open. Now the double-clicked directory opens in the default tab instead of a new tab. What do I need to change in order to get back the "open in new tab" behavior?

Screenshot included for reference.

Thanks.

phred

Re: Default Tab

Post by phred »

Bump

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

I can't give you a full answer to your problems but one thing that struck me as odd in your description was that your default tab was locked.
IMO it can't be both, a locked tab cannot change location yet the default tab has to, otherwise it is useless.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

phred

Post by phred »

Thanks RalphM, that was the issue. Once I removed the default tab option, things were back to the way I wanted and had been.

Here's my situation: I have two tabs (tab1 and tab 2) both of which are locked. I then open one or more tabs. Upon closing all the other tabs, I want XY to go back to tab 1. Currently it only does that if I open the additional tags while in tab 1. If I open them from tab 2 and close them, focus goes back to tab 2, not tab 1.

So what is the purpose of a tab being marked as default?

Thanks.

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Searching XY Help for Default might help in finding some answers.

However, in short if your currently in a locked tab or one with a locked home zone and you select a folder in the tree that is outside of these lock criteria, it will be opened in the default tab instead
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

phred

Post by phred »

Thanks again.