Open mutiple text files simultaneously in search

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Sammjacks

Open mutiple text files simultaneously in search

Post by Sammjacks »

Hi,

I am currently trialing xyplorer.

I have done a search and want to select all the text files and open in notepad++ but when I right click with them all selected all I get a very different list of options than when I click on them individually. Currently I have to open each individually.

Can someone tell me how to open them all simultaneously please?

Cheers

LittleBiG

Re: Open mutiple text files simultaneously in search

Post by LittleBiG »

Do not overthink it. Select txt files by for example the Selection Filter *.txt, then simply press <Enter>.
If you want more customization, check in the help file what Custom File Associations (CFA) is and also the "Open with..." menu item.

Sammjacks

Post by Sammjacks »

The text files are batch files so won’t open in notepad++ automatically. I will take a look at the configuration. Cheers

LittleBiG

Post by LittleBiG »

Sammjacks wrote: 24 Sep 2022 22:39 The text files are batch files so won’t open in notepad++ automatically. I will take a look at the configuration. Cheers
Okay, it seems it cannot be done easily. I hope the related bug will be fixed soon and |bat>C:\Notepad++\notepad++.exe entry will work on more files as well. (Now it opens only the first file from the selection.) Until then, you should use a nasty workaround: works well, my bad. No need this workaround, but I keep it here from teaching purposes. :titter:

Code: Select all

|"Notepad++ for batches" bat>::$np=replace(formatlist("<pfaitems>","q"),"|"," ");run "C:\Notepad++\notepad++.exe ". $np;