Custom Column with Digital Signature details

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
dsl101

Custom Column with Digital Signature details

Post by dsl101 »

Hi,

New to XY, and intrigued by the possibilities with Custom Columns. One thing I'm doing a lot at the moment is checking Digital Signatures on exe, dll, etc. files. Currently this is a right-click→Properties, switch tab, check timestamp, close dialog. Pretty slow and dull.

I wondered if it's possible to get that detail with a script? I couldn't see anything in the columns or script reference about accessing this file property—maybe it's a built-in windows thing not accessible externally?

I imagine the signtool command could be coerced into this, but it's _slow_, and the property is read by the File Properties tab pretty instantly.

Many thanks,

David

highend

Re: Custom Column with Digital Signature details

Post by highend »

There is sigcheck (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysint ... s/sigcheck) which lists everything ~instantly and should be usable inside a custom column without effort...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

currently not possible in a XYplorer native way. A quick research tells me: Theoretically it could be done, but it's not totally trivial.

But maybe there are ways using 3rd party tools like AHK or PowerShell, not sure. (ah, highend just confirmed that above)

Don

highend

Post by highend »

There are powershell comandlets for this as well but it's too much overhead instead of using sigcheck...

Code: Select all

$tool = "D:\Tools\@Command Line Tools\Sigcheck\sigcheck.exe";
    $output = runret(lax("$tool" -accepteula -nobanner "<cc_item>"));
    $date   = regexmatches($output, "signing date:.+?(?=\r?\n|$)");
    if ($date) { return trim(gettoken($date, 2, ":", , 2), <tab>); }
1.png
1.png (11.12 KiB) Viewed 235 times
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal