Folder icons are not displayed correctly, almost all of them are white, only a small part of them are correct.

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Folder icons are not displayed correctly, almost all of them are white, only a small part of them are correct.

Post by admin »

Note that nobody else ever reported this. Are you maybe running any 3rd party skins?

PoseidonLee

Re: Folder icons are not displayed correctly, almost all of them are white, only a small part of them are correct.

Post by PoseidonLee »

admin wrote: 05 Aug 2022 19:10 Don't know. Windows 11 is full of surprises.
I rolled back the win11 version and solved the problem. It should be a problem with the latest pushed dev version

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the info. :tup:

kwanice

Post by kwanice »

i have the same issue...
impossible to get icon/folder back...

everything is white

any solution ?

insider version 25174

Ps : on file explorer, everything is fine.
Last edited by kwanice on 07 Aug 2022 13:48, edited 1 time in total.

unabatedshagie

Post by unabatedshagie »

Just adding that I'm running the latest Windows Insider build, and I've had this issue for the last 2-3 days. I actually came here to report or see if anyone else had reported it.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The solution is here in the thread: viewtopic.php?p=201445#p201445

unabatedshagie

Post by unabatedshagie »

admin wrote: 08 Aug 2022 14:34 The solution is here in the thread: viewtopic.php?p=201445#p201445
I don't plan on rolling back, it's a bit of an inconvenience, but I'll just live with it until it gets fixed.

kunkel321

Post by kunkel321 »

I wonder if this could have anything to do with the Windows "Choose default app be protocol" settings? I'm not even sure what a "protocol" is.... But maybe there was a registry setting in Windows that said "open items with property of R or S with Explorer." Then the latest Windows update broke that, so now there's no associated app. (???)
ste(phen|ve) kunkel

kwanice

Post by kwanice »

admin wrote: 08 Aug 2022 14:34 The solution is here in the thread: viewtopic.php?p=201445#p201445
:titter: you really think i will roll back my all Os for only one app which is not working properly ? :shock:
Ofc win11 insider are unstable etc...but here we are talking about icon only, and its the only program which is not working properly...and i guess we are very few to have this problem unfortunately...
all the other software files/onecommander etc etc works perfectly well.

Thats why im sure we can find a local solution for that...without changing Windows
Last edited by kwanice on 09 Aug 2022 03:48, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

:titter: OK, I should have said "reason" instead of "solution". Well, I agree, but my new Win11 machine is still waiting to be unboxed.

kwanice

Post by kwanice »

admin wrote: 09 Aug 2022 08:01 :titter: OK, I should have said "reason" instead of "solution". Well, I agree, but my new Win11 machine is still waiting to be unboxed.
lol
sure :)
a reason that help me to find a solution ^^ :p

mazot

Post by mazot »

I am not sure this will work but tried it and it had no detrimental effect.
So it maybe worth trying .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
right click start button
left click "run" button
enter %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local
press "OK"

Go backto start button
left click
select "folder options" or "File Explorer Options"
click "View" tab
scroll to "Show hidden files,folders and drives"
select
press "OK"

You should see at the bottom of your list of the Explorer window,
there should be a file with name "IconCache"
delete this file either by right click and then delete
or
select file and use delete button on keyboard.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope this will cure the problem

kwanice

Post by kwanice »

mazot wrote: 09 Aug 2022 20:55 I am not sure this will work but tried it and it had no detrimental effect.

select file and use delete button on keyboard.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope this will cure the problem
Thanks but not working
usually this file is for icon thumbnail, but here, even the folder are white...it's a bug on the display.

unabatedshagie

Post by unabatedshagie »

Has anyone figured out what the issue might be?

It's been nearly 20 days and at least 3 Windows updates but it's still happening.

Is it 100% a Windows issue and not an issue with something XYplorer might be doing??

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It will be fixed today.