Mouse Scroll Wheel Inside Dropdown Menus

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
VeeGee

Mouse Scroll Wheel Inside Dropdown Menus

Post by VeeGee »

Good morning all,
Is there a setting that would allow the use of the mouse scroll wheel (to change between entries) when the dropdown is selected ? For example, inside the one listed on the "Go to from Here..." command.

Right now on all dropdowns you can have to either start typing or click the down arrow to expand. I think it would be nice to be able to scroll the wheel to change the values when clicked or hovered over.

When I do this over the Address Bar, clicked or hovered, it auto-expands the dropdown. This is pretty slick and would also be nice if carried over to the other dropdowns.

Scrolling to change values also seems to work in the Configuration window; however, when reaching the bottom of the list of values, continuing to scroll in the same direction just stops instead of "scrolling through" back to the top entry in the list. Other applications that allow this generally restart the list at the top when the scrolling hits the bottom.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Mouse Scroll Wheel Inside Dropdown Menus

Post by admin »

Yes, I'd like that too, but it's not that easy to implement. Not when the sun is shining so bright out there in the big room. :party: :beer:
VeeGee wrote: 03 Aug 2022 17:40 Scrolling to change values also seems to work in the Configuration window; however, when reaching the bottom of the list of values, continuing to scroll in the same direction just stops instead of "scrolling through" back to the top entry in the list. Other applications that allow this generally restart the list at the top when the scrolling hits the bottom.
works in the Configuration window?? where??

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Hi ! I was in Configuration | General | Sort and Rename | Sort | Sort method. Hovering over the list and scrolling my mouse wheel changes the values - both up and back on the wheel. Same with Configuration | General | Startup & Exit | Startup pane and other locations that I've tried it on. I only have to hover over and scroll.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Interesting, it does not work here. :eh: Might be my mouse (Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse), or my Windows (8.1).

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Works here as well with Logitech mouse and Win 11.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

naarcissus

Post by naarcissus »

Works for me too.
Windows 10 (1809), Elecom Huge trackball + X-Mouse Button Control.
Just tried changing the Scroll Method in XMBC and found that Methods 1 (SCROLL Msg), 2 (ScrollInfo), and 3 (Left/Right keys) scrolls through the options in that menu. Conversely, Methods 4 (Wheel Msg) and 5 (WPF Scroll Msg) do not scroll through the menu.