Drag & Drop From Adobe PDF

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Jon_AK

Drag & Drop From Adobe PDF

Post by Jon_AK »

Good morning. Having a bit of a problem with XYploere & Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. When viewing a muilti-page PDF, the left side bar can be expanded revealing the individual pages of the PDF file. Typically, I select the pages I need to work with then drag them into an empty folder to create a new file. Unfortunately, this functionality has stopped working with the current version of XYplorer, version 23.30.0100. When dragging the selected files from Adobe, they are displayed as the typical Windows multi-page icon but dropping them into the selected folder I have open in XYplorer does not result in the files being copied. I have to open Windows file explorer, navigate to the folder where they are to go and then perfrom the drag & drop with Windows explorer. Help??

admin
Site Admin

Re: Drag & Drop From Adobe PDF

Post by admin »

... has stopped working with the current version of XYplorer
When did it work the last time?

Jon_AK

Post by Jon_AK »

When did it work the last time?
I do this particular task quite often but there are periods of time when it doesn't happen... weekends, light work load, etc., so I believe but am not 100% sure, all was working up until xyplorer updated to this version 23.30.0200. I have xyplore set to auto update as well as the Adobe product (not the freebee acrobat reader). I have spent time reviewing / changing settings in both programs (xyplorer & adobe acrobat) but cannot seem to get this particular function to work again.

Horst

Post by Horst »

I don't use Adobe at all but there is some extended security setting in it
which must be disabled for the usage from many external tools.
May be it helpa in the XY case.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3527)
Portable XYplorer (actual version, including betas)
Everything 1.5.0.1372a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73

Jon_AK

Post by Jon_AK »

Am not a fan of Adobe but I do have all the security settings disabled but still no joy with dragging out files from it.

Jon_AK

Post by Jon_AK »

I just stumbled upon the cure for this problem. I have 3 drives in my machine, which I do not use for this purpose. I was able to drag ^ drop to both of the other drives. The 3rd drive for some reason did not have the same access privelidges set set by the OS (go figure for a local drive). Change them to match and all is well. Sorry if this had anyone jumping through hoops.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, thanks for the info!

7iben

Post by 7iben »

I have the same problem. However, I have full access to all drives and still cannot store a page from Acrobat in xyplorer on any drive.
This only works with Windows explorer on each drive.
Can someone help me?

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Sorry, I'm a bit confused by your description of the problem.
...store a page from Acrobat in xyplorer on any drive...
How does XY get involved in your attempt to store a page from Acrobat on any of your drives?
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

7iben

Post by 7iben »

I have exactly the same problem. like the following user.
I cannot extract a page from a multi-PDF from acrobat by dragging and dropping it into xyplorer on a hard drive.

Post by Jon_AK » 13 Jul 2022 19:21
Good morning. Having a bit of a problem with XYploere & Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. When viewing a muilti-page PDF, the left side bar can be expanded revealing the individual pages of the PDF file. Typically, I select the pages I need to work with then drag them into an empty folder to create a new file. Unfortunately, this functionality has stopped working with the current version of XYplorer, version 23.30.0100. When dragging the selected files from Adobe, they are displayed as the typical Windows multi-page icon but dropping them into the selected folder I have open in XYplorer does not result in the files being copied. I have to open Windows file explorer, navigate to the folder where they are to go and then perfrom the drag & drop with Windows explorer. Help??

Jon_AK

Post by Jon_AK »

I have exactly the same problem. like the following user.
I cannot extract a page from a multi-PDF from acrobat by dragging and dropping it into xyplorer on a hard drive.
I corrected this problem not only by turning off the Adobe security settings but the properties of the drive where you choose to extract the pdf page(s). Have to ensure under the Properties\Security\Edit that Authenticated Users have the Modify property enabled. By default, Windows 11 (quite possibly Windows 10) has this set to off.

7iben

Post by 7iben »

Thank you for pointing out Adobe's security settings. I've done it now too. If I remove the tick (see screenshot) then everything works fine
Snipaste_2022-10-24_19-20-35.png
Snipaste_2022-10-24_19-20-35.png (74.76 KiB) Viewed 947 times