Folder View Settings: How do I delete views?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
hansmuff

Folder View Settings: How do I delete views?

Post by hansmuff »

I sometimes change the size of xyplorer to fit certain workflows, and then the folder view just doesn't make sense. So I go to change it.

Now I have a whole bunch of folders that have their own folder view; those are now no longer what I wish.

What I want is my current folder view to be the default for every folder, no matter what drive, network drive etc it's on.
I just can't get it done.

I am in the folder whose view I want as default.
I enable Folder View Settings.
I click "Define this folder view as default".

Then I browse to C:\, and it does not apply this default. Perhaps it has its own view, so in the C:\ folder I click "View > Folder View Settings > Remove" and confirm. Close the tab, open it again, and I do not get my default I set above.

I love this feature, but I can't seem to figure out how to use it.
Any help greatly appreciated.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Folder View Settings: How do I delete views?

Post by admin »

Just replying to the headline. This is where you can delete particular Folder View Settings:
View | Folder View Settings | Manage Folder Views...

hansmuff

Post by hansmuff »

Thank you!

There were a few in there, I deleted them. My issue persists but I'm pretty sure I just don't understand how to use these views properly to achieve my goal.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The purpose of FVS is to give specific folders a specific look. If you just want all folders to look the same, turn off FVS.