Option for Real Path in Breadcrumb Bar ?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
VeeGee

Option for Real Path in Breadcrumb Bar ?

Post by VeeGee »

Good morning,
Right-click copying the path in the breadcrumb bar is great and I use it quite a bit. When I happen to be in a "special" folder such as AppData, etc., I have to use the "Copy Real Path" option, which works. Is there a setting that can permanently replace the "Copy Path" with the "Copy Real Path" for these folders ? I have yet to find a situation where I needed to use the path with the special folder name in it versus the actual full path.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Option for Real Path in Breadcrumb Bar ?

Post by admin »

No. Why should I inject the functionality of one command into the other while I'm showing both commands?

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Simple. The way it is now makes no sense and isn't consistent. Example, every other normal folder it is "Copy Path". On "special" folders that becomes "Copy Real Path". It should say "Copy Special Path" and the "Copy Path" should function as it does on every other folder.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, that's one way to see it. But "path" here is what's currently shown everywhere in the interface: in the tree, the breadcrumb, the title bar. So it also makes sense to copy this path. BTW, I often copy the current path, and I like it to be "special" whenever it can. It's shorter.

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Ha! You sneaky bugger :biggrin: I was in my FF profile folder and needed the path and to my surprise :
Image-002.png
Image-002.png (4.45 KiB) Viewed 738 times
Thank you for making this change !

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

:eh: Uhm. Did not change anything... :? What do you mean?

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Well, huh. Since my FF folder is buried under APPDATA, I swear 1) I have never seen Copy Special Path listed and 2) that Copy Path always copied the goofy path, e.g. not the full one. I swear. Maybe I am just mistaken, it has been rough lately, or it was displaying different for other special locations.

The way the screenshot is now is exactly what my original post was asking for. Now I am confused...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Copy Special Path is shown if you currently are in the real path (and a Special Path exists). Ever since. :)