"Open with" on folder in catalog

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Phuturist

"Open with" on folder in catalog

Post by Phuturist »

I'm new to XYplorer and I'm impressed but a bit overwhelmed. I use the context menu on folders to open a folder in Atom editor as project. This works just fine from the folder and file view. But when placing the folder in a catalog there is no context menu. I'm hoping to be able to do "Open with Atom" on a folder from the catalog or any other solution that lets me open Atom on a folder with a single click (Atom can also be opened through command line). Hopefully someone can help me out with this.

highend

Re: "Open with" on folder in catalog

Post by highend »

There are no context menus for catalog items, so maybe something like this?
2.png
2.png (9.36 KiB) Viewed 744 times
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Phuturist

Post by Phuturist »

highend wrote: 27 May 2022 20:40 There are no context menus for catalog items, so maybe something like this?
2.png
Awesome, I was already looking in this direction but with this hint I nailed it. Thanx.

It probably deserves it's own topic but when clicking on a folder in a catalog it opens in the active tab. Can the default be set to open in a new tab?

highend

Post by highend »

Afaik not, just hold SHIFT while clicking the entry
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Phuturist

Post by Phuturist »

highend wrote: 27 May 2022 20:52 Afaik not, just hold SHIFT while clicking the entry
Ok, that will do. Thanx again.