Saving the tabs

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
beethoven

Saving the tabs

Post by beethoven »

I just installed the program on a fresh pc, so do not have my old settings anymore. I would like to configure the program the way it was and cannot find the setting to keep tabs across sessions. I usually have my most accessed folders as taps in locked position but now each time I close XYplorer, those tabs are lost. I am sure I ticked or unticked this somewhere but can't find the right spot.
Also how do I make sure that the sorting remains the same for a folder (latest on top).

highend

Re: Saving the tabs

Post by highend »

Configuration | General | Startup & Exit | Save Settings | [x] Save settings on exit
Configuration | General | Startup & Exit | Save Settings | [x] Include most-recently-used lists on save
Configuration | General | Startup & Exit | Save Settings | Apply to...
[x] Tabs

One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

beethoven

Post by beethoven »

Thank you - for some reason I must have unticked the last x in Apply to tabs - all good now :appl:

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Why would you leave your old settings completely behind when moving to a new computer?
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

beethoven

Post by beethoven »

It was a bit different from a normal migration and not a fresh installation - I used an image and did not have to migrate anything as such. However, once the new pc was up and running I encountered some issues with MS office . While XYplorer ran fine initially, after a day or two it also caused some issues. They may have been unrelated and possibly would have gone away with a reboot, but I thought a fresh installation is easy enough when other than a splashscreen nothing happened and the program did not show up. I thought the easiest way would be uninstall 22.7 and reinstall 23.
I think during uninstallation I denied to keep my profile (silly me), so that's why I have to redo some of my configuration details. I dont' have that
many special configs to worry about but those I have I rather like. Given that I found these particular settings years ago, I was not surprised
that I was unable to find the exact spot among the many options.
I appreciate the quick responses and help very much.

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

I assumed you would still have access to the old pc and XY's settings on it.
If yes you could just have copied your old settings over at any time.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)