bat to script questions

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
yogi

bat to script questions

Post by yogi »

hello, can someone help me translate this batch into xys??? thank you
@echo off

FOR %%i IN ("*.exe") DO (

start "" /D "%~dp0" /WAIT "%%i" /VERYSILENT /PORTABLE=1
move "%~dp0%%~i" "%~dp0_Archive"

)

it is to launch a silent portable application installation and store the .exe installation file in an archive folder.

thanks for all !!!

yogi

Re: bat to script questions

Post by yogi »

impossible to help me???? PLEASE

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'd start with the Help file.

yogi

Post by yogi »

thank you! but in fact I am not a programmer at all, and I do not know what term to look for in fact, on the other hand, according to you, can it be done??? I am ready to look at the thing but just to be guided in my research.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

How many EXE do you have to install?

highend

Post by highend »

Code: Select all

quicksearch
foreach
run
moveto
Have fun
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

yogi

Post by yogi »

currently 2 but this may vary. but the batch does not take care of the numbers but just of the extension. no matter how many

yogi

Post by yogi »

ok thank you for your answers, I promise that I look on my side, and if I do not succeed with my examples you can help me??? no kidding!!!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

2. Just do it manually. Repetitive work is relaxing. Start thinking about batch jobs when it's more than 42.

yogi

Post by yogi »

desole but I capitulate, I do not understand anything, it is not my business t I have no one to explain me

WirlyWirly

Post by WirlyWirly »

From reading your posts, I think you would be someone who would find programming very useful in your daily life.

My advice would be to take a weekend and learn the basics. Once you start thinking like a programmer, you'll be able to read code like words out of a book.

If you've never programmed, I would recommend the Python language. It's very intuitive, easy to read, and Incredibly powerful. You can make simple scripts or build entire websites using it.

My first programming book was Python Crash Course, which I highly recommend. It focuses on establishing a strong foundation and good habits to build on, which apply not only to python but all programming languages.

There's nothing wrong with jumping right into a project, but I wouldn't recommend jumping into the deep end of the pool without at least learning how to tread water first.

yogi

Post by yogi »

Thank you for your answer even if I would have preferred to have the solution! But indeed I am trying to find alternatives to software so as not to have too much. But for the moment I don't have any programming skills. And xyplorer would allow me to group my xys scripted batches in a single interface. And I like portable applications !!!!
Traduit avec DeepL https://www.deepl.com/app/?utm_medium=android-share

highend

Post by highend »

And now do the rest of your scripts yourself...

Code: Select all

$files = quicksearch("*.exe /n");
    foreach($file, $files, <crlf>, "e") {
        run """$file"" /VERYSILENT /PORTABLE=1", , 1, 0;
    }
    moveto "<curpath>\_Archive", $files, , 2, 2;
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

yogi

Post by yogi »

Thank you. Thank you very much. At the same time of course I'll try to figure out how to get from a bat to an xys. But I'm a cabinet maker and not a computer scientist. But I find that scripts are such a good thing that I ask for them according to my use.
Thanks

yogi

Post by yogi »

you know I always try to cross several scripts to understand how it works, so it's possible that one day I will make one with my own hands!