XYCopy Queue Processing Oddity

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
VeeGee

XYCopy Queue Processing Oddity

Post by VeeGee »

Good morning all,
Below is how my XYCopy is configured. I noticed something odd with queued up operations today, here are the steps I did.

I started a copy from my (D) drive to another folder on the (D) drive. The folder contained ~40k files, ~230GBs. The copy started without any problems.
While the files were copying, I used the "Move to Other Pane" command to move a file from (D) to my NAS (D drive was in one pane, NAS destination was in the other).

The status bar updated that the file was added to the queue. So far, this is normal and what I expected to happen. I repeated this process, queuing up more 6 more files to move from (D) to the NAS.

The original large copy was still in progress and the additional file moves were queued up and waiting to start, again, normal so far.

Finally, I selected 16 files from (D) and drag-dropped (move) them to another folder on (D) (intra-volume). The files were moved instantly, which was expected; however, once the move was completed, a new XYCopy window popped up and started moving my queued up (D) to NAS files while the original 40k file copy was still in progress. As each file was moved, the XYCopy window would close and another would open and process the
file in the queue until everything was done (the original 40k copy was still in progress).

The only minor issue I noticed was in Task Manager, the new XYCopy process that was started did not close when the operations were completed. I found this out when I went to update to this morning's beta and the upgrade halted until I manually killed the task.

Is it normal to have the queued up moves triggered after a drag-drop intra-volume file move completed ? Everything copied and moved just fine, so no real issue, just have never seen that behavior before. I actually prefer it and may adjust my XYCopy settings to allow for that in the future.
Image-004.png
Image-004.png (17.75 KiB) Viewed 3415 times