Folder CRC32 in Custom Columns don't display

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Rigs

Folder CRC32 in Custom Columns don't display

Post by Rigs »

I'm trying to get hash values of folders. I used the existing MD5 custom column, and changed the settings to CRC-32 and "Files and Folders" I've tried to set Item Type to "Folders", but only file values display. The status panel shows "refreshing column - done" if I manually refresh. Downloaded the current trial version, a registered version a few years old works similarly.

Thanks in advance

highend

Re: Folder CRC32 in Custom Columns don't display

Post by highend »

What exactly should a hash for a folder represent?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Rigs

Post by Rigs »

I have perhaps dozens of directories with different names with contents that may or may not be identical. I want to delete those that have the same contents. I really need to use a hash function to compare the contents of the directories.

XYPlorer has a built-in right click CRC-SHA which already gives the sum of the hashes of the files or the files and their names. This works for one or two directories but imagine working on dozens at the same time.

XYPlorer appears to have a built-in custom column for MD5 and its property sheet has options for CRC, SHA etc., and options to File, Folder, File and Folder.
I assume (perhaps incorrectly) that this custom column is already tied internally to the built-in right click function.
All of the pieces seem to be there to be able to get the information into the column without doing any other coding.
The property sheet doesn't have a selection for 'files' or 'files and titles' however, but thats OK.
I'm wondering if that custom column is supposed to work out of the box or be just a starting point...

highend

Post by highend »

These functions are for file(s) only. If you need a hash for a directory (which would just compute the individual hashes and finally builds a hash from all these combined into a concatenated one), you need to use a custom column with a script... and you should be aware that this process could require a lot of time, depending on the size of the file(s) inside them

Code: Select all

$files  = quicksearch("/f", <cc_item>);
    $hashes = "";
    foreach($file, $files, <crlf>, "e") {
        $hash    = hash("crc32", $file, 1);
        $hashes .= $hash;
        wait 1;
    }
    return hash("crc32", $hashes);
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Rigs

Post by Rigs »

Thanks, I'll try to embed this into something that will work for a folder.