search both drives

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
iaseac

search both drives

Post by iaseac »

Using XY is it practical to search both the D drive and a data base folder on an H drive - at the same time - in place of two searches?
A data base is outgrowing the D drive, a 1TB SSD, - I would like to use the quick search if possible.

See no way to do a F12 search with more than one location to be searched routinely. Thought it would be possible with F12.
Thanks

jupe

Re: search both drives

Post by jupe »

By reading the help file, you could have found this info:
Location field: Another way to do a search over a bunch of different directories is to simply type a list of directories, separated by "|" (pipe) or " | " (space-pipe-space; the spaces are optional), into the location dropdown, for instance: C:\John\Letters\ | C:\Contracts\ | D:\Work\. Alternatively to "|" you can use ";" (in that case paths can and have to be quoted if they contain ";").

iaseac

Re: search both drives

Post by iaseac »

Jupe - you are better than me - I and I am sure many others here appreciate all your efforts. Even with your answer - I was unable to find it in F1.

I tried a number of different ways to get info on two drives. The attached only gets info from D: drive. NOT H drive
Am I missing another setting somewhere? It absolutely would not work without spaces.
Attachments
C^ 22-01-21_29580.jpg
C^ 22-01-21_29580.jpg (246.04 KiB) Viewed 425 times