Use external CopyHandler (ExtremeCopy) as default for copy/move operations?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
pstein

Use external CopyHandler (ExtremeCopy) as default for copy/move operations?

Post by pstein »

Until now I am using in built-In Windows Explorer the free, open source external CopyHandler "ExtremeCopy" which is available from here:

https://github.com/kevinwu1024/ExtremeCopy
resp.
http://www.easersoft.com/

I am very satisfied with it since it is very reliable and fast for copying huge (!) directory trees and files (>20 GB) over inhouse network and (partially slow) remote connections.

So I prefer to use it in XYplorer as well.

Unfortunately XYplorer seems not to automatically detect the presence of this additional copyhandler on the local Windows OS and does not add it to the context menu of folders and files.

How can I achieve this?

jupe

Re: Use external CopyHandler (ExtremeCopy) as default for copy/move operations?

Post by jupe »

Did you look in the 64bit context menu? (it's an item in the context menu "Show 64bit .....") else you can try installing the 32bit version, otherwise you need to get Easersoft to fix it on their end to work with XY, alternatively if it accepts commandline options you may (untested) be able to integrate it in the External Copy Handlers section of XY config (by tricking it and using a supported product as the caption, which you can read about in XY help file for more info, like most things)

edit: Having first assumed you would have done a forum search yourself I didn't bother before my above post, as an afterthought I did and found this topic: viewtopic.php?p=155839#p155830 maybe in the future you could try searching too.

pstein

Post by pstein »

The trick with "Show 64bit..." works.
It shows at least the ExtremeCopy context menu.
I will check later if ExtremeCopy works successfully

Thank you

‏‪phillip-Gamni

Post by ‏‪phillip-Gamni »

Does XYplorer works with Goodsync or Gs Richcopy360 like ExtreamCopy?

highend

Post by highend »

Nope
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Malarki

Post by Malarki »

‏‪phillip-Gamni wrote: 10 May 2022 21:46 Does XYplorer works with Goodsync or Gs Richcopy360 like ExtreamCopy?
I use FastCopy as an external handler and love it. It integrates fine with XY. I added it years ago, probably following the Help or the post ref'd by Jupe above.

https://fastcopy.jp

rolander

Post by rolander »

Malarki wrote: 23 May 2022 00:39
‏‪phillip-Gamni wrote: 10 May 2022 21:46 Does XYplorer works with Goodsync or Gs Richcopy360 like ExtreamCopy?
I use FastCopy as an external handler and love it. It integrates fine with XY. I added it years ago, probably following the Help or the post ref'd by Jupe above.

https://fastcopy.jp
I know this is an old post, but if you are sill using fastcopy, would you mind to share the code you entered at: Configuration/File Operations/External Copy Handlers/Configure
Thanks!

Malarki

Post by Malarki »

Very sorry that it's taken me more than a month to see your question. I normally check this board weekly at least.

Also sorry to report that in the External Copy Handlers Config I have nothing specified! So I don't know how XY is finding FastCopy! It's been so long since I set that up and can't recall what I did. It isn't in the XY .ini file either.

I hope you've figured it out in the meantime. FastCopy is great.

rolander

Post by rolander »

Thanks for looking into it!
I haven't been able to figure out a solution yet.
I'm going to give it another try during this weekend, and if I can't succeed, I'll create a new topic about this. Maybe someone will know.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is my test configuration. I know it worked once. I did not test it though for a long time since I use XYplorer for all copying.

Code: Select all

FastCopy - Command Line|E:\VB-Don\CopyCommand\CopyCommand.exe|/copy|/move
FastCopy (AutoClose)|%ProgramFiles%\FastCopy\FastCopy.exe|/auto_close
FastCopy (Verify)|%ProgramFiles%\FastCopy\FastCopy.exe|/verify /auto_close
TeraCopy (Rename All)|%ProgramFiles%\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe|/RenameAll
TeraCopy (Overwrite Older)|%ProgramFiles%\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe|/OverwriteOlder

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Malarki wrote: 04 Jan 2024 00:52 Very sorry that it's taken me more than a month to see your question. I normally check this board weekly at least.

Also sorry to report that in the External Copy Handlers Config I have nothing specified! So I don't know how XY is finding FastCopy! It's been so long since I set that up and can't recall what I did. It isn't in the XY .ini file either.

I hope you've figured it out in the meantime. FastCopy is great.
Maybe you turned off Custom Copy and FastCopy is configured to take over the jobs from Shell copy.

Malarki

Post by Malarki »

Maybe ... FastCopy is configured to take over the jobs from Shell copy.
That would explain it, and the way it operates; thanks.

rolander

Post by rolander »

admin wrote: 06 Jan 2024 14:40 This is my test configuration. I know it worked once. I did not test it though for a long time since I use XYplorer for all copying.

Code: Select all

FastCopy - Command Line|E:\VB-Don\CopyCommand\CopyCommand.exe|/copy|/move
FastCopy (AutoClose)|%ProgramFiles%\FastCopy\FastCopy.exe|/auto_close
FastCopy (Verify)|%ProgramFiles%\FastCopy\FastCopy.exe|/verify /auto_close
TeraCopy (Rename All)|%ProgramFiles%\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe|/RenameAll
TeraCopy (Overwrite Older)|%ProgramFiles%\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe|/OverwriteOlder
This worked, and I've found out it was all perfectly described in the help as well. Sorry for asking.

So now I got FastCopy working, but it seems that FastCopy doesn't even ask what I want to do on name collisions, merging folders, etc.

The main reason why I was trying to use FastCopy instead of XYplorer CustomCopy was because of the Queue operations. If I start a copy while another one is in progress, there is no indicator that the second copy is in the queue. This becomes problematic when I'm queuing 5 operations.

However, I was just reading this thread, and it seems that this shouldn't be happening, and it's not the normal behavior for XYcopy: viewtopic.php?p=206235&hilit=queue+copy#p206235.
In the thread, they are mentioning a LIST and a way to start a second job from that list.
In this thread there is also a mention of a background job list: viewtopic.php?p=206234&hilit=queue+copy#p206234
I don't have any list showing while queuing copies. Is there any setting for that?
Attachments
2024-01-10 07_58_46-T__VFX-DMNA_001-100_DMNA_010_0080_Dirt_Wagon_Jacket-Blanket_Comp_2_prerenders - .png
2024-01-10 07_58_46-T__VFX-DMNA_001-100_DMNA_010_0080_Dirt_Wagon_Jacket-Blanket_Comp_2_prerenders - .png (75.85 KiB) Viewed 795 times

rolander

Post by rolander »

I just copied my xyplorer folder from appdata/roaming to desktop and restarted xyplorer with defaults settings.
I turned on custom copy and background operation.
Still not seeing a queue list.
Is there such thing or am I assuming wrong from those posts?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tick Window | Show Status Bar Buttons.

Then enable Background Processing and Queue File Operations and Pause the queue. Here this is done using the right-click menu of the Custom Copy toolbar button (not that below Pause Queue there is Background Jobs..., selecting this will show the same list as shown here below).
2024-01-11_084422.png
2024-01-11_084422.png (10.46 KiB) Viewed 751 times
You now should see a button in the Status Bar:
2024-01-11_084557.png
2024-01-11_084557.png (4.26 KiB) Viewed 751 times
Click that button to see (the still empty) list:
2024-01-11_084740.png
2024-01-11_084740.png (5.25 KiB) Viewed 751 times