Paper folder file delete

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
zmachine01

Paper folder file delete

Post by zmachine01 »

Hi. I've recently discovered paper folders and they've made day-to-day operations easier here at work. The big danger is someone accidentally deleting a file using the right click context menu. I use the keyboard delete or the delete programmed into my mouse normally, but from time to time, for whatever reason, me or someone else uses the context menu to delete items, which deletes the file rather than just removing it from the paper folder. Is there any form of safety belt to keep this from happening? Thanks

Would it be possible to have the option of not having the context menu be available in a paer folder? Just a thought

admin
Site Admin

Re: Paper folder file delete

Post by admin »

Well I don't think any user would need such an option. Frankly I think it's pretty obvious that the context menu will do what it says: delete the file. (And if you've activated the Recycle Bin, as any reasonable person should, you can always undo a mistaken deletion.)

zmachine01

Post by zmachine01 »

My primary concern is network files, because we are primarily working within our network drives. As far as I can see, network items don't go to a Recycle Bin but it would be very convenient if there were a way to send deleted network items to the local Recycle Bin of the machine it was deleted from. Many of my coworkers are admittedly computer illiterate (some are too stubborn to get a cellphone)and I'm just looking for better ways to foolproof our system. We have Snapshot and that works great, but some of us are so hopelessly clumsy with a mouse that whatever was just deleted is unknown. I'm still finding empty new folders around because they've clicked on "Create New Folder" instead of "Up One Level" and then were afraid to delete it because they were'nt sure what they just did

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Look at Admin Settings in the Help. Here you can prevent your non-admin users from displaying this shell context menu:

Disallow certain file operations
The key DisallowedOperations can be used to disallow certain file related operations. The value is a made by OR-ing (here equivalent to adding) the values of the following bit field:
eAACFO_ShellCtxMenu = 128

zmachine01

Post by zmachine01 »

Perfect! Thanks