Change Maximum Width of Name Column?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
hurricane51

Change Maximum Width of Name Column?

Post by hurricane51 »

I wonder if there's a way to change the maximum width of the name column? I searched and found a couple of requests, but they were more than 7 years ago.

highend

Re: Change Maximum Width of Name Column?

Post by highend »

Afaik no but why would this be necessary? You could always use a CEA and set it back to a defined value...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

hurricane51

Post by hurricane51 »

CEA?

highend

Post by highend »

Custom Event Action

hurricane51

Post by hurricane51 »

I have no idea what this is. I was just wondering if I could set a global value maximum wider than the current limit so I could see the complete file names of long filenames. From what you tell me, this is not possible.

highend

Post by highend »

No clue what you're talking about. There is no current limit...

And double clicking on the column splitter will push out all righter columns out of sight to make room for the full necessary width of the name column
Animation.gif
Animation.gif (878.99 KiB) Viewed 825 times

hurricane51

Post by hurricane51 »

Sorry, I wasn't specific enough. Yes, that works, but you have to do it manually each time. If you have it configured for autosize, it will never go beyond a pre-set width (I can't remember what it is), so you have to manually resize the column each time. I want to increase the width that autosize will handle.

highend

Post by highend »

Then make a feature request for a new option that will NOT hold the rightmost columns in view but really extend the size of the "Name" column to what's necessary

hurricane51

Post by hurricane51 »

Thanks for the suggestion. And thanks for the prompt responses to my question. Unusual in this world!

jupe

Post by jupe »

You can set the maximum with the below setting, but this applies to all columns though not just Name:

Configuration | Colors and Styles | Styles | Columns | Autosize columns maximum width (0 = unlimited)

0 = unlimited the default, is actually limited to 1000 internally, so if you set it to 9999, then that is the max, but the above setting only applies when using the AutoSize setting, not Autofit name column.

hurricane51

Post by hurricane51 »

Wonderful! I'll give it a try. I would've (and didn't) look for it under Styles. Thanks again.