Is it possible to buy XYplorer from Europe (outside the US), and how?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
undefiler

Is it possible to buy XYplorer from Europe (outside the US), and how?

Post by undefiler »

Hello,

I've been waiting to buy XYplorer during Black Friday, and now that it's here, I've attempted to buy the software. However the issue is that all the payment options (card/PayPal/...) require you to enter a zip code, something only used in the US. There is no way to define the country I'm from in the payment pop-up, so it looks like only US people can buy the software.

Is it possible to buy XYplorer from Europe, and how?

Thanks!
Last edited by undefiler on 26 Nov 2021 15:32, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to buy XYplorer from Europe, and how?

Post by admin »

Strange question, this is one of the most famous and widely used file managers in the world. Check out the website:
2021-11-26_141929.png
2021-11-26_141929.png (152.58 KiB) Viewed 1764 times
You can buy it almost everywhere. There are even customers in Antarctica!

undefiler

Post by undefiler »

How should I get around being required to specify a US zip code, or should I just provide a fake one?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am not aware of this requirement. It is not necessary to provide the zip code or physical address to purchase the app. Do you have a screenshot?

undefiler

Post by undefiler »

I've tried multiple browsers, this is Edge (which has not been customised so there aren't any extensions).

Clicking the Pay button doesn't do anything but highlight the Zip Code field in red, i.e. requiring me to fill it out. My card is a European debit card from the country I'm living in.
xyplorer-2021-black-friday-checkout.jpg
xyplorer-2021-black-friday-checkout.jpg (50.89 KiB) Viewed 1757 times

undefiler

Post by undefiler »

Okay, so I think I've figured it out!

For some reason, the VPN my connection goes through (which is also located in the same European country as I am) is something that the checkout system doesn't like. It assumes I'm from the US for whatever reason. Disabling the VPN now shows the price in Euros and without a Zip Code field, so I should be able to make the purchase. I've not had issues with making payments in the past due to my VPN connection, so it wasn't my first thought to attempt this. I'll update this post to confirm whether the payment succeeds or not.

Edit: Bought! :) Sorry about that, but maybe the post will at least help others who encounter a similar situation.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to buy XYplorer from Europe (outside the US), and how?

Post by admin »

Cool you figured that out! So the US folks are required to enter their ZIP code. Interesting. Probably because of their crazy super-local tax laws.

Thanks for buying! :tup: :beer:

WirlyWirly

Post by WirlyWirly »

As a US folk with crazy super-local tax laws I can confirm. I drive 1 city over and suddenly I have to pay tax on any pre-made food (restaurants) so the city can fund an 8-month long arts festival.

Makes no sense.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

:lol: :beer: