xyplorer commandeering clipboard

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
robertoleonardo

xyplorer commandeering clipboard

Post by robertoleonardo »

this isn't a bug, per se, but hoping you folks can help me figure out what settings i need to change in xy to avoid this weird issue i'm having:

so i use flow launcher (a spin off project from wox - spotlight style desktop search/launcher), and i've noticed that whenever i have xy running - the copy file right click option in flow gives me an error. the people on that forum told me my logs indicated that something was basically blocking flow launcher from accessing clipboard, and i narrowed it down to xy, but they didn't know what about specifically was causing it.

my first guess was it would've related to the custom/background copy options in xy, but i de activated all those special settings and i still get the error when i have xy open in the tray and try to copy a file to clipboard from flow launcher. as soon as i fully exit xy, copy in flow works fine.

i don't have any scripts in xy relating to clipboard functionality, and im not trying to do this while i have some copy process running in xy, and since it doesn't appear to relate specifically to the custom copy handler options in xy, i'm at a loss for what about is causing this issue. it seems to be the simple fact that the xyplorer.exe process is running that causes the issue but that is odd.

i like to keep xy open in the tray so i'm hoping there's some work around other than just not keeping xy open.

any ideas on the specific cause of this behavior and what settings i should try to change in xy to avoid it? thanks!

highend

Re: xyplorer commandeering clipboard

Post by highend »

There aren't any settings in XY that modify the behavior of the clipboard nor am I able to reproduce that problem but I have to admit, I'm not a flow user, 1k files, 183 folders and 300 mb for a launcher? Electron is ridiculous...

As you can see, no blocking by XY:
Animation.gif
Animation.gif (658.83 KiB) Viewed 622 times
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Horst

Post by Horst »

May be flow has an conflict with some other context menu extensions you are running.
That may be AHK scripts or anything else which puts or processes entries in the context menu.
XY doesn't add any global context menu entries outside of its own.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3447)
Portable XYplorer (actual version, including betas)
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73

jupe

Post by jupe »

Not that I think this would cause it, and its disabled by default so you would of had to manually enable it anyway, but you could double check this isn't enabled:

Configuration | File Operations | Undo & Action Log | Clipboard | Log clipboard contents and enable restore

What version of XYplorer are you using?

robertoleonardo

Ok that's what i figured - thanks for the thoughts everyone. I had tried to disable any ahk-type context menu entries, teracopy, etc. when i was trouble shooting, but then i when i was able to link it to whether xy was open or closed - i guess i assumed the problem was xy itself. but that makes sense that it could be some other extension (which i admittedly have plenty of) that is causing it, even if the issue goes away when xy is closed. ill keep experimenting - appreciate the input folks!

robertoleonardo

jupe wrote: 12 Nov 2021 22:09 Not that I think this would cause it, and its disabled by default so you would of had to manually enable it anyway, but you could double check this isn't enabled:

Configuration | File Operations | Undo & Action Log | Clipboard | Log clipboard contents and enable restore

What version of XYplorer are you using?
i'm always current on the beta - but i've noticed this issue for months now. hard to pinpoint when it started, but it's certainly not a brand new thing.

And thanks for this suggestion! i didn't mention it in my original post, but it's one of the settings i had tried. no dice. thank you though.

Here's what shows up in the error log i get, btw. i don't think it says anything specific enough to be helpful, but i'm far from an expert so maybe i'm wrong. But as far as i can tell: it just generically says "flow can't access your clipboard, have a good life."
Flow Launcher version: 1.8.3
OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.22000.0
IntPtr Length: 8
x64: True

Python Path:
Date: 11/12/2021 20:58:32
Exception:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800401D0): OpenClipboard Failed (0x800401D0 (CLIPBRD_E_CANT_OPEN))
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at System.Windows.Clipboard.Flush()
at System.Windows.Clipboard.CriticalSetDataObject(Object data, Boolean copy)
at System.Windows.Clipboard.SetDataInternal(String format, Object data)
at System.Windows.Clipboard.SetFileDropList(StringCollection fileDropList)
at Flow.Launcher.Plugin.Everything.Main.<>c__DisplayClass12_0.<LoadContextMenus>b__2(ActionContext context) in D:\a\Flow.Launcher.Plugin.Everything\Flow.Launcher.Plugin.Everything\Main.cs:line 342
at Flow.Launcher.ViewModel.MainViewModel.<InitializeKeyCommands>b__19_7(Object index) in C:\projects\flow-launcher\Flow.Launcher\ViewModel\MainViewModel.cs:line 190
at Flow.Launcher.ViewModel.RelayCommand.Execute(Object parameter) in C:\projects\flow-launcher\Flow.Launcher\ViewModel\RelayCommand.cs:line 25
at Flow.Launcher.MainWindow.OnPreviewMouseButtonDown(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e) in C:\projects\flow-launcher\Flow.Launcher\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 240
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)