[Solved] Read Only view doesn't understand that folders sizes is turned off at the global level

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
JLoftus

[Solved] Read Only view doesn't understand that folders sizes is turned off at the global level

Post by JLoftus »

Not sure if this is a bug, so posting here first.

I had been playing with the recent changes to getting folder sizes, but, my NAS is still too slow enumerating 12000 folders, so, I turned it off at the global level. That's fine. However, ever since I've done this, each time I open a Read Only instance of XY, it still hangs "Getting folder sizes" ... I can't seem to get the Read Only mode to understand I've turned it off at the Global level, and do not have it on at the folder level either.

Any ideas greatly appreciated
Last edited by JLoftus on 20 Nov 2021 00:04, edited 1 time in total.

autocart

Re: Read Only view doesn't understand that folders sizes is turned off at the global level

Post by autocart »

Just a guess. Did you safe the settings in the main instance to disk/ini after changing the setting?

JLoftus

Re: Read Only view doesn't understand that folders sizes is turned off at the global level

Post by JLoftus »

Oh yes, many times, this has been going on for a week or so, since Don's performance tweaks to getting folder sizes. My FLAC folder on my NAS has hundreds of thousands of files in over 12,000 folders, and even though I have CAT6 wiring with gigabit switching, it still takes about 30 seconds to enumerate that folder, and every time I focus back or "touch" the folder, I'd have to endure the delay, so I turned it back off at the global level last week. And even going into settings in the Read Only instance, the setting for always show sizes is NOT checked, so it's saving and reading the setting correctly, but for some reason is not honoring it.

I believe this is a new thing, since I've toggled folder sizes at the global level many times and never had this issue, but didn't want to post it under Bugs until I got a sanity check here.

JLoftus

Re: [Solved] Read Only view doesn't understand that folders sizes is turned off at the global level

Post by JLoftus »

Solved! I wasn't thinking of FVS. I needed to re-save the FVS!