Is there a way to add custom items to the right-click context menu?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
mac_dizzy

Is there a way to add custom items to the right-click context menu?

Post by mac_dizzy »

Hello,

Apologies if this has been asked before. I did some searching and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Is it possible to add my own items to the right-click context menu? Or, is it possible to get the the "default" context menu I would see in Windows' File Explorer? I searched through XY's options but it doesn't look like it's there. The context menu I'm referring to is the one you see when you right-click an empty area inside a directory. I've attached a screenshot to help clarify.

I have a few items added to the File Explorer's right-click context menu I'd like to add to XY. For example, I use Cmder and I have a context menu item to open Cmder in the current directory. I also use VoidTools' Everything and have a context menu item to open Everything in the current directory. A more 'complex' context menu item I have in FE is when I SHIFT+right-click, I have an option to open Powershell in the current directory (I don't see this on normal right-click). I'd just like to get some of these back or figure out how to add them manually.

Sorry if these are silly questions or are questions that have been asked before. I'm new to XY and I'm just trying to set it up how it suits me best.

Cheers,
dizzy
Attachments
xy context menu.png
xy context menu.png (68.31 KiB) Viewed 1101 times

jupe

Re: Is there a way to add custom items to the right-click context menu?

Post by jupe »

To change the menu to be similar to Explorer, then change this:

Configuration | General | Custom Event Actions | Right-click on white in file list == Pop up folder's context menu

and yes you can create a custom menu by changing that option to "Run Script" instead and providing a menu script, you'd need to become familiar with XY scripting first though which is all fully documented in the help file, and there are examples all over the forum.

mac_dizzy

Post by mac_dizzy »

Awesome, very helpful resources, thank you for your reply.

WirlyWirly

Post by WirlyWirly »

Just thought I'd link you to a post I made last year when I was also figuring out how to make a custom menu. Got lots of good advice from another user and was able to get it working, probably in a similar manner to what you're looking for...

viewtopic.php?p=181805#p181805

mac_dizzy

Post by mac_dizzy »

Thanks WirlyWirly I'll check that out.