Navigating folders

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
MBaas

Re: Navigating folders

Post by MBaas »

Ok, I found it!

1st, that missing "Open with" in the contextmenu of folders was a red herring - this did not exist before, I managed to confused myself.

If found the reason for that problem was an "Open With" that I had added to XY:

Code: Select all

{photo};\>C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro 2022 (64-bit)\Corel PaintShop Pro.exe
This explicitely refers to PSP, so you would expect that I added it consciously. Well, to be fair, I created that by copying another entry that I was using for a longer time:

Code: Select all

{photo};\>XNView
and the idea of that one was to open images or browser image folders on demand (by explicitely opening the "Open with"-menu). But for some reason it seems that XY now uses the 1st matching "Open With" - I'm pretty sure this wasn't always the case and ofc, I rarely browse image folders, so it does not help. Is there a way to disable this behaviour (so that "Enter" on a folder opens it within XY instead of passing it to the 1st "Open With"-entry)?

highend

Post by highend »

{photo};\>C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro 2022 (64-bit)\Corel PaintShop Pro.exe
What?
{photo} doesn't exist, it's {:photo}
and you're targeting folders here as well^^

and it isn't even an "open with" entry, that would require a leading |^^

So why do you think it tries to open that app?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

MBaas

Post by MBaas »

I did not think it would open the app, I saw it doing so. But I fixed the entry and made it {:photo}. And I know I'm targeting folders, that was the whole intention. But ofc I wanted that as an option in CFA (sorry, I'm so confused that I messed up the terminology in the previous post) and not as the default. The prefix "|" that you suggested fixed that, so everything is working as expected. Thanks! :beer:

sl23

Post by sl23 »

Oh the joys of installing programs! This is yet another reason to use portable apps!

Personally, I would reset windows if it is that persistent, is that an option for you?

MBaas

Post by MBaas »

Fortunately it's been solved thanks to highend's suggestions, so I don't need to worry that. And the source of the pain was in front of the computer (just this time :cry: )

sl23

Post by sl23 »

Haha cool. Glad you got it sorted :tup: