Mouse navigation in submenus: ?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
SL09

Mouse navigation in submenus: ?

Post by SL09 »

I don't know how to name this problem ...

- I select 'Favoriten' in the menu bar.
- I hover the mouse over 'Favoritenordner'. The list of directories pops up, quite far away to the right.
- In order to select one of the directories, I have to move the mouse exactly in the narrow stripe tagged 'Favoritenordner'; as soon as I get too low, I lose the list and have to start over.

Is it possible to "lock" the submenu in the state with the list open ? (I cannot find this in the configuration / would this be a Windows setting ??)

In certain programs choosing the menu item via [Alt] (would be: +o) locks the hanging menu list; e.g. in Photoshop you can do a whole series of keyboard commands in a row. If I try this in XYPlorer, nothing happens - maybe a configuration setting I didn't find ?

I cannot do a screenshot since the functions keys are inactive ...

autocart

Re: Mouse navigation in submenus: ?

Post by autocart »

Regarding the mouse usage:
Like you can see in the 1st part of the video, it is easy to make the submenu appear back again. Just hover long enough over that item.

Regarding the keyboard usage:
The only thing that I see that is "not perfect" about calling the menu items with the keyboard, is that you must *release* the Alt-button before pressing the applicable key for the main menu item.
So, in your example that would be:
  1. Press Alt
  2. Release Alt
  3. Press "o"
  4. Press "v"
  5. Use the arrow keys to select the desired entry
  6. Press Enter to open that entry
I did exactly these steps in the 2nd part of the video.

EDIT:
Besides, regarding "locking". I have never seen a program that would allow the user to "lock" the pop up (sub-)menus. I also have worked with Photoshop. Would be serioulsy suprized if I had overlooked such a feature. But you can still "do a whole series of keyboard commands in a row" even without having them locked.
Attachments
7uj34SmcIZ.gif
7uj34SmcIZ.gif (321.46 KiB) Viewed 540 times

SL09

Post by SL09 »

:D 8)
Problem solved, thank you very much !
[Alt] | [release Alt] !! | [o] does the trick. I would never have expected step 2 ...

It seems I am a little bit clumsy with my mouse

About PS: this behaviour of course exists only with the the keyboard, with AND without releasing [Alt]. See Unmesh Dinda:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVngSq3eBz0

A very good method for some tasks. For german menus, you have to make some adjustments. In addition, German especially Swiss German keyboards are different - also with shortcuts like []. I got no reply there with my question ...

autocart

Post by autocart »

Just for the record, it has to do with whether the find files panel/tab is open or not:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23767