InDesign Icon Is Not Displaying

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
tom_01

InDesign Icon Is Not Displaying

Post by tom_01 »

.indd files do not show their icon. See image. Windows Explorer on the left as it should be. XYPlorer on the right. .idml displays correctly, just .indd not working. I've tried many different fixes, including resetting the default app for this extension, uninstalling and reinstalling the application. I've tried custom icons. Digging into the application .exe file to check which icon is first, etc... Any solutions?
xyplorer_icon_problem.jpg
xyplorer_icon_problem.jpg (34.62 KiB) Viewed 896 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: InDesign Icon Is Not Displaying

Post by admin »

Open the registry and look at all occurrences of .idml and .indd. There has to be some suspicious difference. Probably related to 64-bit.

tom_01

Post by tom_01 »

OK I searched for each extension. Each one has a (Default) REG_SZ entry. What am I looking for?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Follow the blood. The data field should contain something. Now follow that and so on. Until you see the truth.

jupe

Post by jupe »

If you just want to quickly mitigate it, you could use an alternate method and set the icon via CFI.

https://www.xyplorer.com/release_12.40.php#CFI

You might have to extract the correct icon from the Indesign exe/dll though, alternatively you might be satisfied if you just use an entry like this *.indd>*.idml since the icons are so similar, which in theory should work without any further steps.