Thumbnail creation slows down XYplorer

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
LGS

Thumbnail creation slows down XYplorer

Post by LGS »

Hi

When XY plorer has many thumbnails to create in a directory, this process seems to highly impact the responsiveness of the app.
I tried to choose a faster sampling algorithm in the settings, maybe it will help, but is thre anything else to do ?
In some other apps like syncovery, the app creates new threads when the workload requires it. Would it help here ?

Thanks

LG

highend

Re: Thumbnail creation slows down XYplorer

Post by highend »

Use "High Speed" and e.g.: viewtopic.php?p=191603#p191603

No threads and topic moved
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

LGS

Post by LGS »

Thank you.
I have currently more than 7000 thumbnails under creation in a single directory. It would be niceat least to have a pause button somewhere ..because this thumbnail creation process obviously slows the program.
Of course I can go to the settings, untick the parameter and rester XY plorer but this is a bit annoying and I would have to go back to the settings again later to reset the thumbnail option...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can have as many parallel instances of XYplorer as you want. Just use one for creating thumbnails while working with the other.

See Configuration | General | Startup & Exit | Allow multiple instances.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

For info, the Thumbnail Maintenance script here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12257 by default uses a 2nd copy of XYplorer to build or refresh thumbnails.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440