Copy a drive and paste

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Bill_C

Copy a drive and paste

Post by Bill_C »

Hello,

I have an number of drives on my computer. I select a drive and copy it. I then try to paste it to another drive or folder, but nothing happens.

Is there a setting Configurations? I have looked and cannot see what to do.

highend

Re: Copy a drive and paste

Post by highend »

Only possible via scripting so save the attachment in your XY script folder (Menu - Scripting - Go to Scripts Folder)
and execute it e.g. from a user defined button:
1.png
1.png (7.66 KiB) Viewed 475 times
Copy drive into current subfolder.xys
(1.55 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal or paypal_donate (at) stdmail (dot) de

Bill_C

Post by Bill_C »

Thank you very much for your hard work here.

I saved your attachment into the script folder, and I copied exactly what you typed in User Button #23.

It is trying to copy back into the same drive. It will say C: into C: or D into D: et cetera

highend

Post by highend »

No, it doesn't

You weren't even able to select the same drive from the menu, that you're currently in. That's part of the logic of the script that it prevents this

And it doesn't say into E: but into ".\E", the script is called "Copy drive into current subfolder.xys" for a reason
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal or paypal_donate (at) stdmail (dot) de

Bill_C

Post by Bill_C »

The ".\E" was confusing at first with the dot and backslash. In the Windows OS, I have never seen a drive or folder with that. I did a number of experiments and finally got it to work.

You need to click and high-light a drive or folder first - the one that is to be copied to. You then click the "Copy Drive" button. A folder C, D, E or Z that is created is just a letter that you can rename to what you like.