Autocomplete UNC Path Names

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
slupmada

Autocomplete UNC Path Names

Post by slupmada »

Hello,
I have been using XYplorer for 5 years and still cannot get path name autocomplete to work for UNC paths. If I start typing a UNC path in the address bar, a list of recent locations appears in the drop down, but that is it.
XYplorer_UNC.png
XYplorer_UNC.png (38.89 KiB) Viewed 490 times
WinExplorer_UNC.png
WinExplorer_UNC.png (44.07 KiB) Viewed 490 times
If I type in a local path (C:\), autocomplete works great, a list of the all the subfolders appears in the drop down.

I have confirmed AutoCompleteOnUNC=1 in the XYplorer.ini configuration file, but it seems to make no difference. Has anyone gotten this to work? Are there other settings I need to change to make this work? Any help would be GREATLY apprerciated!

highend

Re: Autocomplete UNC Path Names

Post by highend »

The current beta works for me (with the tweak set)...

What may be a configuration thing (no time to test this): In the fresh instance the share name doesn't autocomplete (but everything after it), while in my configured instance even the share names autocomplete...
Animation.gif
Animation.gif (178.94 KiB) Viewed 484 times
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

slupmada

Post by slupmada »

Thank you for the prompt response! In your example, when you start typing the "u" of "users", does the drop down menu disappear (mine does)? Is there a way to continue autocomplete with each typed character? I've set AutoCompleteMatchFromBeginning=2, as I understood the comment to mean anything other than 0 is match anywhere. Would you be able to share (without registration information, of course) your configuration file?

Thanks Again!

highend

Post by highend »

when you start typing the "u" of "users", does the drop down menu disappear (mine does)?
Yeah
Is there a way to continue autocomplete with each typed character?
No clue, sorry. But ofc this would make sense
I've set AutoCompleteMatchFromBeginning=2, as I understood the comment to mean anything other than 0 is match anywhere
Judging from the changelog entry, 0 is everywhere, 1 = from the beginning. it doesn't mention any other value

I've just tried it with 0 and 1 and I see no real difference...
Would you be able to share (without registration information, of course) your configuration file?
That's a fresh instance in the animation, there wasn't any configuration done apart from setting the value for AutoCompleteOnUNC so sharing this doesn't yield anything because you can get the exact same config by using a fresh instance

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

With AutoCompleteOnUNC=1 it starts autocompleting once you are deeper than share level, i.e. from here onwards: \\server\share\

highend

Post by highend »

If you have servers defined in List Management - Servers in Network Folder
Can you include them in the autocomplete list for the server part?

Any idea which setting is responsible (if it is a setting at all) or why does XY show all defined shares in the drop-down in my configured instance (which it doesn't do in a fresh one)?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just checked that: If the server is known to XY (either it's listed in the tree or in the list) then it will look for its shares and present them in the dropdown, otherwise it won't (because browsing a non-existing server can take endless frozen time).

highend

Post by highend »

Good to know, thanks!