Are the main pulldown menu's keyboard accelerator keys customizable?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Mesh

Are the main pulldown menu's keyboard accelerator keys customizable?

Post by Mesh »

Out of curiosity, are the main pulldown menu keyboard accelerator keys customizable?

The accelerator key for Favorites got changed when Tags was added to the pulldown menu.

Before I code an external helper app to make the Favorites menu work with the original "A" key, I thought I would ask if this capability was already in XY.

jupe

Re: Are the main pulldown menu's keyboard accelerator keys customizable?

Post by jupe »

You can edit one of the multilingual language translation files, or edit and use one if you aren't currently, even default English, just change the Accelerator keys in the template. viewtopic.php?p=191148#p191148

Alternatively you can also use a custom UDC command to launch Favorites and set it to nearly any shortcut you want, if that is the main one you want to change.

popupmainmenu "Favorites";

Mesh

Post by Mesh »

I can tell you that the UDC option doesn't work properly because Alt+A is still captured by the Tags pulldown menu first. Once you clear the Tags pulldown menu, only then does the Favorites menu come up behind it.

However, I will look into the language file to see how well that works for me.

Thank you.

Mesh

Post by Mesh »

Okay, I just tried the language route, and I'm not sure how to make that work.

I can't set English American (the default language), because when I try, it just goes back to having no language set at all.

So how do I make this work?

jupe

Post by jupe »

viewtopic.php?p=86224#p86224

You might need to rename your lang file, and/or edit the header, I can't remember,.

edit: The UDC route can be made to work but initial setup requires an extra step that is only necessary if you are steadfast on using Alt+A instead of an alternative.

Mesh

Post by Mesh »

Got it!

I also needed to change the accelorator for Tags as well so that there wasn't a duplicate.

Thanks!