How to disable pre-processing when moving photos from iPhone to PC?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Eftegarie

How to disable pre-processing when moving photos from iPhone to PC?

Post by Eftegarie »

Being a daily user and enjoyer of the XYplorer for years, I am struggling with one thing:

Whenever I connect my iPhone 12 to my PC, I select some images, then click Ctr+X to cut and move the images from the iPhone to my local NVMe SSD.
At this moment I have "list view" selected, deliberately because I don't care for thumbnails now. I want a high performance and speedy move action.

Now, whenever I do that, this takes a long while. The status bar shows the blinking square saying "Preprocessing X ouf of XX files"
During this "pre-processing" all my PC resources are in use and the XYplorer becomes inactive (!)
Once the image files are "processed" (?for what reason?) I can go ahead and Ctr+V paste them in my lightning fast WD SN850 NVMe SSD.

Now, Windows Explorer does this effortlessly without any delay or lag when Detail list view is selected and I do a image move action.
(forgive me for trying :oops: I swear its only for testing purposes, I love XYplorer above any other file commander!!! :biggrin: )

Why is this and How can I disable "pre-processing" in Configuration? I have tried to disable alot of settings in the [Configuration] > [Preview] to no avail.
I'm sure I have overlooked something :maf: Thanks for any and all help!

admin
Site Admin

Re: How to disable pre-processing when moving photos from iPhone to PC?

Post by admin »

This is one of the secrets that I will one day solve. But without any documentation from MS, it's hard to understand why Windows Explorer is fast here and XY isn't. Right now I don't see any way to do this any faster.

kevin

Post by kevin »

Hi Don,
This issue is solved, right? I am doing the same (or think I am) cutting from iPhone storage to an external USB drive, and it works quickly and smoothly. I do not see any processing or delay going on.

For me the IOS connection is a real time-saver and excellent manner to manage a huge number of photo files -- eliminate the junk and back up the good ones, quick and simple.

Thank you for a very useful feature and keep up the great work on XYplorer! It's my top program and I use it heavily, does everything that I can dream of in a file manager.

Regards, Kevin

P.S. I hope that you're making a proper living with XYplorer, software development is neither cheap nor easy.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks a lot, and yeah, I guess it's solved. :D