Move/Copy Here to New Subfolder - Default name

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
jacky
XYwiki Master

Move/Copy Here to New Subfolder - Default name

Post by jacky »

Here's a little thing that's been bugigng me for a little while now : you know how, using Move/Copy Here to New Subfolder, we got a list of default choice for the soon-to-be-created folder ?

One of this choice is the base of the focused item, and that's a little something that I believe I asked for, and I find really cool/useful. But for some time now, it's not selected as default choice, there's actually nothing as default, and so I always have to first open the dropdown and go select that thing, and being as lazy as I am ;) I wish I didn't had to do that.

So, here's my question : is there a reason why this behavior has changed, because that last choice used to be automatically put as default ?

If no, could it be put back on; and if so, could there be some INI Tweak so that I don't get it blank but with that choice as default, please ?

I'd really like that, given how 99.9% of the time when I use those features, the name of the folder is either the base of the dragged item, or comes from it.

Proud XYplorer Fanatic

admin
Site Admin

Re: Move/Copy Here to New Subfolder - Default name

Post by admin »

jacky wrote:But for some time now, it's not selected as default choice, there's actually nothing as default, and so I always have to first open the dropdown and go select that thing, and being as lazy as I am ;) I wish I didn't had to do that.
What are the exact conditions to get a blank default?

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

admin wrote:
jacky wrote:But for some time now, it's not selected as default choice, there's actually nothing as default, and so I always have to first open the dropdown and go select that thing, and being as lazy as I am ;) I wish I didn't had to do that.
Do you mean right now ? Cause right now I always get a blank default, whether I use Move or Copy, have one or more than one item dragged, the text area is always empty, and I always have to open the dropdown list and go select the base item (which is always there, as expected)
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jacky wrote:
admin wrote:
Do you mean right now ? Cause right now I always get a blank default, whether I use Move or Copy, have one or more than one item dragged, the text area is always empty, and I always have to open the dropdown list and go select the base item (which is always there, as expected)
:? That's only the very first time. Then it should be remembered (and is over here).

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

hmm.. well, yes, it is here as well :? :oops:

Before posting I only tried without ever actually doing anything (always pressed Cancel), but I was still getting blank default, and I'm sure I used this feature at least as recently as this weekend... anyways, my bad, sorry, forget what I said.
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

Yeah, ok, so I don't say I know how everything works here, and I'm not sure why I had it blank/empty when I started this topic, but I knew something was wrong.

See, today I had to use this feature again, and here's my problem :
- I right D&D, the default is as expected the base of dragged item. But I don't always use that as new fodler's name, sometimes I tweak it a little
- Then, on next right-D&D operation, the default isn't the base of dragged item, but whatever I typed in last time. So I do have to open the list, select it, and then tweak it.

It used to always be the base of dragged item as default, and that is what I'd like it to be, so here's my question again : how can I get that, please ?
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jacky wrote:Yeah, ok, so I don't say I know how everything works here, and I'm not sure why I had it blank/empty when I started this topic, but I knew something was wrong.

See, today I had to use this feature again, and here's my problem :
- I right D&D, the default is as expected the base of dragged item. But I don't always use that as new fodler's name, sometimes I tweak it a little
- Then, on next right-D&D operation, the default isn't the base of dragged item, but whatever I typed in last time. So I do have to open the list, select it, and then tweak it.

It used to always be the base of dragged item as default, and that is what I'd like it to be, so here's my question again : how can I get that, please ?
Ok, on 20080126 I added *one* MRU to the list, and whenever the finally used name is not identical to any of the other 4 names in the list (because you manually changed it) then that name is presented as default the next time.

You have a better strategy?

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

admin wrote:You have a better strategy?
Well, AFAIC I'd say that using the base of dragged item as default all the time, while keeping the one MRU on the list, would be better.

So if I got this right, it would be exactly as it is now, only it's always the item that is the base of the dragged item that is presented as default, all the time, instead of either it and the MRU one depending on what was done the last time this feature was used.

I feel it's more consistent as you always know what you'll get as default, and the list remains the same either way. Plus, for me, it'd be much better. ;)
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jacky wrote:
admin wrote:You have a better strategy?
Well, AFAIC I'd say that using the base of dragged item as default all the time, while keeping the one MRU on the list, would be better.

So if I got this right, it would be exactly as it is now, only it's always the item that is the base of the dragged item that is presented as default, all the time, instead of either it and the MRU one depending on what was done the last time this feature was used.

I feel it's more consistent as you always know what you'll get as default, and the list remains the same either way. Plus, for me, it'd be much better. ;)
I try... then you try...