"Set Modified Date to Exif"

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Sakia

"Set Modified Date to Exif"

Post by Sakia »

I saw in my search in Google that "Set Modified Date to Exif" would be added to Xyplorer in 2013 to the FILE menu. I am not super technical. I looked in all the logical places to find that switch. I searched the help "Context and Index" but did not find anything.
QUESTION: Is there a link, option, tab to click to get my modified column to reflect the creation date. I right clicked on that column to no avail.: ::
MY DETAILS: I am on Windows 10 using Xyplorer version 21.60.

Can someone please let me know how to do this without getting into scripts, modifying the program or some such technical operation. I just want to click on an existing option to activate it.

Sakia

jupe

Re: "Set Modified Date to Exif"

Post by jupe »

File | File Special | Set Modified Date to Exif

To add creation column, right click Name column header, select "Add Column", right click newly added "(Undefined)" column header, select "Special Property", choose "Date Taken" (approx index 16).

Sakia

Post by Sakia »

Thank you for your quick reply BUT how do you activate the column. Now I have a blank column.

jupe

Post by jupe »

The column will be blank if the image doesn't contain the date metadata, or were you just asking about a normal created date column which can be shown for all files? To do that just right click the name column header, and select "Created",

If you followed my previous instructions you should have the column with "Date Taken" in the header is that correct?, if not then show a screenshot, while you are right clicking the new column.

If you want further help please be clear and specific with you questions. You can upload screenshots by using the attachments tab underneath the posting area.