Question about new Column Layout Feature in Ver 22.00.

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
kodyman

Question about new Column Layout Feature in Ver 22.00.

Post by kodyman »

I haven't found anything in the forum or user guide on this so I'll ask before trying it.
Over time I have used the Folder View Settings feature to set up different details list views including some extra columns.
If I happen to select, maybe by accident, one of the new pre-defined column layouts on a layout I have set using Folder View Settings, will I be able to go back and recover my original?
Or would I need to set up my own User Defined Column Layout and load it to get it back?

Thanks,

jupe

Re: Question about new Column Layout Feature in Ver 22.00.

Post by jupe »

Assuming that you don't have "Auto-save changes" enabled in the edit FVS dialog then your saved FVS won't be affected, an FVS restore will reload your old layout (assuming you have your FVS applying to columns), just think of the new feature as an easier way of using the original "Load column Layout..."

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There is also "Reset to Previous" at the bottom of the menu.

kodyman

Post by kodyman »

Jupe & Don

Thank you for your replies.
Good or bad, I am set up to always save settings on exit. It works for me and hasn't caused me any problems. Except in operator error instances. :oops:
Don's reply answered what I was getting at. I wasn't sure if the "Reset to Previous" would take me back to MY previous Folder View Setting or it only had to do with one of the selections within the drop down. In other words, how the two interacted with each other. They seem to be similar to each other.

I think the new Column Layout Feature is a great addition to an already fantastic file manager.

Thanks again!

jupe

Post by jupe »

Save settings on exit has nothing to do with what I mentioned, try re-reading it.