Hover Box: Allow regular scrolling of list if hover box contents not scrollable

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Jerry

Hover Box: Allow regular scrolling of list if hover box contents not scrollable

Post by Jerry »

[Using 22.00.0021]

I enable the Hover Box (on the name, not the icon) for only archive files. Nearly all of my archives contain a top-level folder so typically I just see the name of that folder in the hover box and thus, there is no contents to scroll.

The problem I have is that when the hover box pops up - I then cannot scroll the list because the hover box is capturing mouse wheel scroll, pgdn/pgup. up/down arrows, etc. The latter is great if the hover box contents is scrollable or resizable (for images). But in my case, it is rarely possible to scroll the contents, so I have to do the extra step of moving the mouse away to dismiss the hover box first. This is a big nuisance when I have a folder of archives and I am moving down the list to peak at the contents of successive ones.

It would be desirable, therefore, if the hover box scrolling was only enabled when there is actually something to scroll (or resize). Or alternatively, if hover box scrolling can be disabled for some file types. Or, perhaps allow the hover box scrolling to be disabled, but then re-enabled at any time by say, holding down the shift key.
Running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit quad-core ASUS G752-VY notebook with 64 GB RAM, over 26 external USB3 drives attached via multiple powered hubs with letters and mount points, totaling 120+ TB.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Hover Box: Allow regular scrolling of list if hover box contents not scrollable

Post by admin »

There is some control:

Code: Select all

v21.50.0004 - 2021-01-18 10:42
    + Hover Box | Text: While the Hover Box is showing a text or an image, i.e. 
      contents that are generally scrollable or scalable, you now can cycle the 
      scrollability/scalability by pressing the "R" key (think "roll").
        Internal value    Function
          0               Scrolling and scaling disabled
          1               Scrolling texts enabled
          2               Scaling images enabled
          3               Scrolling texts and scaling images enabled
      - Remembered across sessions. Factory default is 3 (= all enabled).
      - If the scrollability/scalability is disabled then the navigation keys 
        (Up, Down, PageUp, PageDown, Home, End) and the mouse wheel are not 
        eaten by the box but passed through to the focused control.
      - Scalability means scalability by wheel. If the scalability is OFF then 
        images still can be scaled by Numpad Add and Numpad Subtract.
But exactly what you want isn't there yet. I will add it to the next beta. Guess it makes general sense.

Jerry

Re: Hover Box: Allow regular scrolling of list if hover box contents not scrollable

Post by Jerry »

Thanks, the "R" key toggle addresses the immediate problem for me.

To move along each archive listed in a folder and peak inside each one, I guess you still have to move the mouse to activate the successive hover boxes. Is there any way to automatically activate the hover box without using the mouse -- ie. make it happen just when the file is selected? Then you can just use the arrow keys to more easily go down the list and peak inside each successive file. But I'm not necessarily asking for this feature, unless it's already possible to do somehow.
Running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit quad-core ASUS G752-VY notebook with 64 GB RAM, over 26 external USB3 drives attached via multiple powered hubs with letters and mount points, totaling 120+ TB.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's not possible yet, but it's been asked for and it's on my list.