Locking Tabs With Allowed Folder Changes

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
greentea

Locking Tabs With Allowed Folder Changes

Post by greentea »

Hi All,

Is there a way to lock a tab with folder changes allowed - but when you switch to another tab the folder is restored to home? I want to use the same tab to search through folders, rather than open new ones... and then revert to the home after I leave.

I've tried various settings such as Lock Location and Lock Home Zone but it always opens a new tab when navigating to a new folder.

jupe

Re: Locking Tabs With Allowed Folder Changes

Post by jupe »

Don't lock a tab or lock location, instead just "Set Home", then if you want this all to happen automatically and you are capable, you could write a script that always switches the relevant tab to home automatically when you switch away from it, this is performed via CEA Changing Locations (eg. After Browsing a Folder).
Below is a quick basic outline for a script, just set the top variable to the index of the tab you want this action to work on (leftmost tab is 1), and I have assumed you are referring to the first pane.

Code: Select all

$homeidx = 1;
  if (tab("get", "index") != $homeidx && <get pane> == 1) { tab("relocate", tab("get", "home", $homeidx), $homeidx); }
Configuration | General | Custom Event Actions | Changing Locations

greentea

Re: Locking Tabs With Allowed Folder Changes

Post by greentea »

Thanks for the feedback, greatly appreciate it!