Is there a change in the license ?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
cavo789

Is there a change in the license ?

Post by cavo789 »

Hello

I'm a Pro lifetime user with two computers (home and office). I've reinstalled my office computer and since then I can't unlock xyPlorer i.e. I'm providing my User name and my key, xyPlorer told me "click on Ok, quit and restart" and ... no, still trial version.

Is there any changes in the number of installations ? I've always (i.e. since 2015) use xyPlorer on my two computers and now, it seems to be no more possible (or is there anything else?)

Thanks

highend

Re: Is there a change in the license ?

Post by highend »

One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

cavo789

Post by cavo789 »

Thank you for this fast answer.

Nope, didn't work. I've reinstall a fresh ZIP, the pro vesion (21.08), unzip and install.

XYplorer told me my trial version is expired, I go then to the Help, Unlock Trial Version... menu (like I always did), copy/paste my username / key from my subscription email (so case-sensitivity isn't a concern), click on Ok, Exit and save and start again and ... no, didn't work.

How is it working? Is there a network connection to XYplorer website to see if my record is still valid or is it 100% a "offline" check?
This question for this reason: is the cause of the problem can be a firewall rule? (newly added on my office network) or the name and the key are just "checked" by XYplorer without any http request?

Can it be a bug in version 21.08?

(note: on my private computer, it's OK, I've the Pro version, using the same credentials)

highend

Post by highend »

It's a 100% offline check.

In that new version, menu - go - go to application data folder

Tell me the full path from the address bar afterwards

cavo789

Post by cavo789 »

Here is the folder : C:\Users\MyWindowsUserName\AppData\Roaming\XYplorer

(ok, super for the offline check, so nothing to do with a firewall rules)

highend

Post by highend »

Quit that running XY instance, open
C:\Users\MyWindowsUserName\AppData\Roaming\XYplorer\XYplorer.ini
with a proper text editor

and edit the first section like this:

Code: Select all

[Register]
; THE FOLLOWING THREE LINES CONTAIN YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION. PLEASE KEEP THIS PART PRIVATE.
Name=<your registered name, case sensitive>
Code=<your license key>
dc=0
Save it, open XY again...

cavo789

[SOLVED] Re: Is there a change in the license ?

Post by cavo789 »

BINGO !!! :appl:

Does it matter the dc= value ? Was set on 64, I've tried 0 and it wasn't working.

I've then get these lines from the XYplorer.ini file on my private computer, send it to my by email to my office email address, copy/paste then in my XYplorer.ini file on my office computer and ... bingo. (dc is set to 1998 on my private computer)

Many, many thanks **highend** ! Thanks for your time and help.

(don't know if you're the developer but, if so, I really love XYplorer, using it on a daily base, don't use anymore the infame Wndows Explorer and has already mention your tool on all my friends, already convert somes ;))

Thanks!