Tag Hierarchy

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Aeriessy

Tag Hierarchy

Post by Aeriessy »

So, I've been trying to figure out the way I want to do this for months now.

I want to organize tags like this but I believe I'm missing something because at the moment, all it does is add new tags to the general tag list without any reference to the list names:
viewtopic.php?p=64291#p64291

So far, it looks like the most convenient method is using Tag Clouds, making different categories in the Catalog and selecting the ones needed for the search but I don't prefer doing it in this way.

I'm wondering if there is a way to record tags like listed in the first link:

Code: Select all

"tag list 1" taglist("jan,feb,march");
"tag list 2" taglist("may,june,july");
"tag list 3" taglist("oct,nov,dec");
And accessed like this via dropdown menu on the "Find by Tags" toolbar icon like (random google image):

Should I be following this process and making my own toolbar button? Does it do a double dropdown like this? Do I make edits to the XYPlorer.ini file directly or is there a GUI for it?

I'm still incredibly new to scripting, I apologize if it's an easy fix. I want to make sure to cover the available ways to accomplish a tag hierarchy before I invest in one. Any guidance would be much appreciated!
Just trying to figure it all out. :oops:

highend

Re: Tag Hierarchy

Post by highend »

No hierarchy supported. If you want to accomplish something like this, none of the gui ways will help you, you'd need to write your own scripts...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Aeriessy

Re: Tag Hierarchy

Post by Aeriessy »

highend wrote: 25 May 2021 22:41 No hierarchy supported. If you want to accomplish something like this, none of the gui ways will help you, you'd need to write your own scripts...
Alright, good to know! I wanted to confirm there aren't existing resources that was already done for a feature like this. It'll be something on my list to figure out. Thanks for the feedback.
Just trying to figure it all out. :oops: