Command Lines / Multi-instance

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Knighthammer

Command Lines / Multi-instance

Post by Knighthammer »

Greetings,

I'm looking for a list of command line arguments for XY and was hoping there would be a simple list somewhere.

Essentially, right now, I'm looking to try to setup multiple instances of XY very similar to how one would do it in Chromium. Particularly, I'd like different shortcuts to open with different tabsets.

Can someone point me in the right direction to accomplish this?

nas8e9

Re: Command Lines / Multi-instance

Post by nas8e9 »

The help file has a list of command line switches, of which

Code: Select all

/ini=
looks promising?

RalphM

Re: Command Lines / Multi-instance

Post by RalphM »

The problem with different ini files would be to update setting changes in all of them.
Multiple instances with the same ini on the other hand will create a race condition for changed settings, where the last save of settings (either manually or on close) will be the one that presents on the next load of that ini.

Have you looked into tabsets (check help) and as an extension of this functionality the session manager script in the scripts forum?
Both let you have different tabsets or layouts for different projects or workflows.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)