Some questions...

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
sl23

Some questions...

Post by sl23 »

WinRAR isn't showing in the standard system context menu, how do I get it to show up?

The "Refresh" option is also missing from the R-click context menu, How do I get this to reappear?

I came across this code |"New Item|:newfolder" \;*>::#240 whilst looking for ways to show icons in menus, But every time I use the Pipe character, the script then thinks it's a CRLF. So when I go back into the script it goes from this:

Code: Select all

:newfolder
#1404;;"<xypath>\Data\Icons\Syn.ico";
:copypath
:dp
|"New Item|:newfolder" \;*>::#240
-
::C:; tab("new", "C:");
::D:; tab("new", "D:");
::E:; tab("new", "E:");
::F:; tab("new", "F:");
-
:pp
to this:

Code: Select all

:newfolder
#1404;;"<xypath>\Data\Icons\Syn.ico";
:copypath
:dp

"New Item
:newfolder" \;*>::#240
-
::C:; tab("new", "C:");
::D:; tab("new", "D:");
::E:; tab("new", "E:");
::F:; tab("new", "F:");
-
:pp
Please can someone help

RalphM

Re: Some questions...

Post by RalphM »

Wouldn't this rather be a problem with the settings in your text editor?
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

Horst

Post by Horst »

The internal XY script edit doesn't have such a problem, I just tested it with your script.
So I agree with RalpM, it looks like you have a problem with the editor you are using.
I use AkelPad with XYplorer syntax highlighting and the pipe symbol makes no problems.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
Portable XYplorer (actual version, including betas)
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69

highend

Post by highend »

Guys, this is code for the Hamburger menu...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

sl23

Post by sl23 »

Yes sorry, it's for the hamburger menu, thank you highend.

I'm not using an external text editor. I'm just editing scripts within XYplorer.

sl23

Post by sl23 »

Hello. Is there a chance someone could help explain please.
Thank you

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Don't worry. Some questions take a while. Should not stop you from trying to find the answer yourself. (Please don't PM to push me.)

Don

sl23

Post by sl23 »

Sorry only just seen this.
Didn't mean to push at all, just curious. :tup:
Trust me, I am constantly looking for answers and trying out code, but you get to a point where you hit a wall and don't know what else to try.

mazot

Post by mazot »

I have been noticing this subject but could not help with anything related to context menu.
I was pleased to note your use of ";;" in your line of code in the hamburger menu,
i.e. '#1404;;"<xypath>\Data\Icons\Syn.ico";', to show icon. (p.s."<xypath>\Data\Icons" can be shortened to <xyicons>).
I had tried to find a way to show an icon in these conditions. This only seems to work in the hamburger menu.
You're search which found "Caption|Icon|State|Level : Label" is valid in all other circumstances.
In trying to help you with your original problem, I personally would give up and go for another answer,such as getting/
creating your own script for Winrar and linking to hamburger menu or in Catalog or toolbar.
There is a multilevel script @ viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6923&p=88673&hilit=rar+suite#p88673

sl23

Post by sl23 »

Thank you for the tip Mazot. I have managed to get WinRAR working through the 32bit context menu thanks to highend's help.

I do wonder though why code isn't transferable from one place to another? In trying to create my own list, I found "Caption|Icon|State|Level : Label" doesn't seem to work, at least not in the context I'm using it. I must be doing something wrong though! :oops: