Where do I find Custom Context Menu | Zip:

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Horst

Where do I find Custom Context Menu | Zip:

Post by Horst »

Where do I find or configure this Custom context menu ?

v21.70.0102 - 2021-05-01 12:15
+ Custom Context Menu | Zip: Now the commands "Extract Here" and "Extract to
[folder]" also support RAR files. Of course, WinRAR has to be installed on
the system.

I have the XY context menu for zip and rar files but there are no such entries.
Screenshot - 01.05.2021 , 14_29_00.png
Screenshot - 01.05.2021 , 14_29_00.png (95.54 KiB) Viewed 2340 times
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
Portable XYplorer (actual version, including betas)
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69

nas8e9

Re: Where do I find Custom Context Menu | Zip:

Post by nas8e9 »

Do you have Configuration > General > Menus, Mouse, Usability > Context Menus > Custom items in shell context menu > File List > Zip, enabled?

Horst

Post by Horst »

nas8e9 wrote: 01 May 2021 15:19 Do you have Configuration > General > Menus, Mouse, Usability > Context Menus > Custom items in shell context menu > File List > Zip, enabled?
No, that was missing.
Thanks for the fast help

sl23

Post by sl23 »

Last edited by sl23 on 17 May 2021 00:26, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

conc constant coffee cup crashes... you get them when you use a cracked key. just saying...

sl23

Post by sl23 »

Last edited by sl23 on 17 May 2021 00:26, edited 1 time in total.

notabot

Post by notabot »

sl23 wrote: 02 May 2021 13:23 I honestly intend purchasing it. 30 days is not enough time to evaluate a program like this imho.
It sure looks that way :) :
2021-05-02 18_10_23-Window.png
2021-05-02 18_10_23-Window.png (2 KiB) Viewed 2256 times

sl23

Post by sl23 »

Last edited by sl23 on 17 May 2021 00:27, edited 1 time in total.

Horst

Post by Horst »

sl23 wrote: 02 May 2021 20:49 Looks can be deceiving!!! I still only use Cubic Explorer and am still looking for a replacement file manager. I can assure you my intentions are honest. I may have joined then, but that was because that's how long I've been looking for a replacement, on and off. But no app works how I want it too.

I currently have these installed portably via SyMenu:
CubidExplorer (donated before development ceased),
DoubleCommander,
UnrealCommander (donated, but stopped using),
Q-Dir (communicated with the dev many times, but features don't get added despite being given the ok),
Tablacus,
FileVoyager (still awaiting standard selection features requested in about 2015 or so),
And yes, XYplorer.

I keep trying different file managers, but dislike all due to some simple features that, for me, make CE the easiest to use, so I give up trying to change and stick with CE. It's easy to make accusations from a distance, but not everyone is a cunt! I'm an honest person, that will support a lone developer IF I can actually use their software!

I also have Reaper Demo installed on and off for about 8 years, even tried using it a couple of times. But despite not having paid for it, I never use it. I've loaded one sample into one track in one project, THAT'S IT! Very occasionally, I may open it to inspect a new feature or figure out how to use the program and see if it's worth switching from MuLab, which I purchased, but then I go back to MuLab. Even though it lacks a critical element that Reaper has - WaitNote Recording. I haven't and will not pay for Reaper until I can actually use it. Same with XYplorer. I don't mind paying if it's usable. Would you pay for a software you don't or can't use?

Think about it... Wouldn't I have made more requests/posts over the years? Wouldn't I have continued to get help for the issues in my previous posts if I was using this app as my main file manager? I gave up as I don't have the time to study Scripting which has poor help file and no other means of support other than highend. And no-one seems to be able to give a straight answer as to what language the scripting is in so I could possibly get more help elsewhere!

Oh, and also, don't you think that if I'd been using this for 6 years I would have figured out how to add a bloody icon to sodding menu item by now?!!!

All you are doing by continuing this argument is detracting from the original point that was made. I am genuinely trying to get XY to work, with the little time I have to spend with it and would gladly pay up when/if I get it working how I want. Only then will you see that I am genuine.
I completely disagree with you.
I'm a hardcore Total Commander user
but I was able in a few weeks of learning to sucessfully use XYplorer for almost all daily work.
There are enough examples for the scripting and it looks like you didn't read the help enough.
Why do you insist to know the type of scripting language, its just the script language of XY.
Also the Author is open for any suggestions and makes new functions and corrections very fast.
I know a lot of file managers and have licenses for many of it
but I like XY as my 2nd file manager after Total Commander.

sl23

Post by sl23 »

:appl: good for you, well done!! But if you're such an expert user that figured all that out in a few weeks, why did you feel the need to start this topic? Clearly you were unable to even find a simple thing like that in the very limited (relative to the scripting help info) Options dialogue!

Ok then so where does it say where to place an icon for a single line script such as this:

Code: Select all

::New INI; new("New INI File.ini", , , "r");;; "?:\SyMenu\ProgramFiles\SPSSuite\MyApps\XYplorerPro\LicenseXY.txt";;
I've tried at least twenty variations and nothing works.
I've tried searching for icons, buttons and scoured the scripting help for information on where to put the actual path to an icon file to show in a menu, but there is nothing in there! You all keep saying read, read, read, BUT I HAVE!!! SHOW ME WHERE IT IS IF IT'S IN THERE! If it's in there TELL me where, what section, you're not exactly helping, it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack!!!

There are no examples of WHERE or HOW to add an icon to a menu item.

Knowing the TYPE of scripting language means I can get help away from the pretty useless Help file.

I have no need for more than one file manager and I use CE ALL THE TIME. I like XY and WANT to use it and WANT to pay for it, but am finding this forum very unhelpful and the help file does NOT help at all.

And from what I've seen there is a fast beta update system, but as for the dev being responsive, I haven't seen that in my experience. I see a dev that is honest, decent, but only chimes in when necessary or directly challenged. I asked for some requests, but was completely ignored, and got moved on.
Last edited by sl23 on 17 May 2021 00:29, edited 1 time in total.

highend

Post by highend »

Advanced Topics - Scripting - Multi-line Scripts and Multi-Scripts - Script Files for the Advanced - Icons, States, and Levels
and hell, there are examples, too^^

XY's own scripting language is based on the syntax of PHP...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

sl23

Post by sl23 »

No there are not! A I am currently going through it and the section you pointed to has zero information for people that don't know how to program! I have already found that info before your reply and am writing out every topic I can find regarding icons and the lack of information on how to use them. It seems you lot can decipher the info but I cannot! It simply isn't user friendly.

The examples are useless! I can't actually believe you can't see that! They DO NOT GIVE ALL THE INFO REQUIRED TO USE THAT SCRIPT!

As I said before... What's the point of adding a scripting language to an app if only programmers can figure out how to use it?

I'm not stupid, I have learnt how to program Rainmeter with help on the forum, I learnt how to edit ebooks in Sigil, editing, adding and combining code.

How? Because the here's help in other places online about HTML, CSS, etc. I would love to learn the scripting but the help file is NOT helpful to a complete novice, which it should be.

Tell me, where is the part of the help file that states this in some form:
::Menu Name; What it does("Nameofnewfile.ini",iconpath here? ,x? , "r");xx?;xxx?;
MenuName = Name that appears in the menu
What it does = What function the menu item will have when clicked
Nameofnewfile.ini = Name of the newly created file
iconpath here? = Path to your icon file
x? = Explanation of this part in detail and how to use it
xx? = ditto
xxx? = ditto
etc...
Where exactly is this information for single line scripts that you all keep saying is in the Help file?
I'll save you the trouble, it isn't! I've looked, many many times and gave up since my last post. But needing a replacement for CE I came back in the hope to get some help, but instead am told to read teh Help file, "it's all in there" IF YOU CAN DECIPHER IT, maybe!

highend

Post by highend »

How exactly should this single line script be called (button, catalog, UDC, whatever) so that it shows an item before it gets executed?
Tell me, where is the part of the help file that states this in some form:
? In the explanation of the script command new()?
iconpath here?
What, as the type parameter of that function?
x?
Under "Cloning a source" later in the description?

Don't know which form of explanation for xx?, xxx? is necessary, each command ends with a ; if something on the same line (another command?) should follow...

The thing is easy: Just move on, you have a working file manager. Or pay someone for teaching you all the things that you don't understand regarding scripting^^

sl23

Post by sl23 »

Last edited by sl23 on 17 May 2021 00:30, edited 1 time in total.

highend

Post by highend »

Paying me for writing scripts for you? No thanks. Not worth my time.

I was talking about someone who teaches you scripting because you're obviously unable to learn it on your own. Am I that "someone"? Surely not.
No clue who "DL" is but it doesn't matter anyway.

And I don't support people that use illegal keys so: Good luck with your other file manager(s), you aren't welcome here^^