select directory from hover box

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Kucera

select directory from hover box

Post by Kucera »

Did I mess up or miss something (again)?
Seems to me that hovering over the folder icon in tree would let me slip the pointer onto one of the folders that it shows, and select it by clicking.
Now it is not so, and also nothing scrolls in the hover box. Is it something with my system, or have I missed a config item?
Now the box disappears as soon as I put the pointer over it.
I have folders ticked in the 'select items' and everything ticked in the 'select contents', also 'Mouse Point to select''
P.s. The scrolling in the box does not work either.

jupe

Re: select directory from hover box

Post by jupe »

You can't select items in the HoverBox, I think you are getting mixed up with MUSD which you have to initiate with the mouse on the icon, its settings and to enable it are here:

Configuration | Preview | Mouse Down Blow Up | Mouse Up on Folder Icons | Folder contents preview

To get scrolling in the HoverBox, while you have it visible use the R key (maybe repetitively) on the keyboard to cycle through the scrolling options and look at the statusbar to see your setting, you can tell if its enabled because the stylized scrollbar is visible, it is wheel scroll only, you can't put your cursor over the HoverBox, if that is what you were expecting/trying.

Kucera

Re: select directory from hover box

Post by Kucera »

jupe wrote: 16 Apr 2021 23:28 You can't select items in the HoverBox, I think you are getting mixed up with the MUSD box which you have to initiate with the mouse on the icon, its settings and to enabled it are here:

Configuration | Preview | Mouse Down Blow Up | Mouse Up on Folder Icons | Folder contents preview
That's it !! Thank you very much. All's well again.
Best regards
Emil