Missing items from right click drag menu (7-zip)

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
o7blue

Missing items from right click drag menu (7-zip)

Post by o7blue »

The one thing I miss most from the explorer right click drag menu is quick access to the 7-zip. Is there any way to that menu without having to go through "shell context menu"? I use this very often so having this completely unnecessary step is very annoying. And if I disable 'Configuration | Menus, Mouse, Usability | Context Menus | Custom drag and drop context menu' then I cannot use custom copy. All copy/move operations will invoke the regular explorer copy window, even if I have custom copy checked on. How can I have both custom copy, and quick 7-zip menu?
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (40.93 KiB) Viewed 1250 times

jupe

Re: Missing items from right click drag menu (7-zip)

Post by jupe »

Ctrl+Drag will give you the opposite menu of what is set in config for the option you mentioned.

o7blue

Post by o7blue »

That's neat, any way I could set that as the default behavior when right click dragging? Seems a good use for 'custom event actions' but no category for right clicking there.

jupe

Post by jupe »

Not sure what you mean, changing the setting swaps between each menu as the default and Ctrl switches on the fly. What do you want to be different?

o7blue

Post by o7blue »

jupe wrote: 16 Apr 2021 05:00 changing the setting swaps between each menu as the default
Which setting is that? I'd rather have the menu I use more often as the first, and right now to get to that menu I have to hold ctrl.

jupe

Post by jupe »

The setting you mentioned in your original post, as I said in my reply.

o7blue

Post by o7blue »

So disabling that setting breaks custom copy, is that a bug? Seems like weird behavior anyway.

Unless I could add 7-zip to the custom right click menu? Is that possible?

jupe

Post by jupe »

You asked how to make the other menu the default and I so have told you how, it doesn't "break" Custom Copy, it gives you the Shell Context Menu which copies using the Shell. No you can't add 7-zip to the XY context menu.

o7blue

Post by o7blue »

Well, that's a shame. Guess I'll have to get used to the added input. Seems like bad design though, if I want full integration with my installed applications I need to forgo custom copy.