Live Filter and the use of an apostrophe?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
TGE

Live Filter and the use of an apostrophe?

Post by TGE »

I've noticed when I use the live filter to narrow down files that including an apostrophe will cause the filter to fail. Is there a reason for this and can the behavior be changed, or would that break something?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Live Filter and the use of an apostrophe?

Post by admin »

It seems to work. What exactly do you mean by fail?

TGE

Post by TGE »

Well, perhaps it's a problem with my system only for some reason, but any time I have a file name that includes an apostrophe. If I put it into the Live filter with the apostrophe, the filter returns no files. Likewise, if I enter that part of the filename without the apostrophe it returns no files.... I assume because it does not match without the apostrophe. So, it's not a huge deal, but it's a bit of a nuisance at times, especially if I'm copying the file name from a list and not thinking about the apostrophe that might be in it. Also, I have to leave off everything after the apostrophe in order for the file to be returned, again I assume because it's not an exact match without the apostrophe.

TGE

Post by TGE »

Feel Free to remove this topic. A clean install seems to have resolved the behavior I was describing.