filter syntax/usage help

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
JLoftus

filter syntax/usage help

Post by JLoftus »

I have an extra tag of type rating stars. It's extra tag 2.

With the details list view including a column for this extra tag, I'm trying to create filters based on the stars rating. Should be trivial, but I'm just not getting something.

I've tried many variants of entering this in the address bar (for example to filter on 5 star rated files):
ex2:5

which shows an error dialog with the title "Not found: Location Or Item"
Could not find:
ex2: 5

I'm sure it's something simple, can someone help me understand what I am doing wrong?

thanks

nas8e9

Re: filter syntax/usage help

Post by nas8e9 »

You could try entering it in the Live Filter Box (Window > Show Live FIlter Box) instead?

JLoftus

Post by JLoftus »

Thanks, that was helpful in trying to understand why what I am trying to do is not working.

When I enter ex2:5 in the live filter box, expecting to see only those files with a 5 star rating, I get "0 items of 10,740". Yet, There are some number of entries with 5 star ratings, so I am unsure why 5 is not working. Further, when I change the input in the live filter box to ex2:4, expecting to see those items with 4 star ratings, I get "5,756 of 10740" in the filter results status text, however the resulting list of items includes items with zero stars, 1 star, 5 stars, etc. Is the data type of "ratings stars" is not the integer values 0-5 ? I don't understand what is wrong. Any help greatly appreciated.

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

I can't get it to work either: the only input in the Live Filter Box that gives *a* result is:

Code: Select all

ex2:
...where you can substitute the caption you gave the column for ex2. Trying to add parameters doesn't work for me, oddly enough.

Searching the help file yields two sections with mention of the word "star", but no examples how to search, unfortunately.

JLoftus

Post by JLoftus »

Right! I just found that my extra tag 3 filters perfectly (that's just a text value). Seems this may be a bug with the ratings stars type. I'll create a post there. Thank you again for my sanity check.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It was a bug. Fixed since v21.60.0127.