Unable to get TeraCopy integration to work :(

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
rimanek

Unable to get TeraCopy integration to work :(

Post by rimanek »

I haver TeraCopy properly installed and integrated with the shell (so I can use it with ctrl+c/v in windows explorer). But I just can't get it to work for copy/move operations in XYplorer. I have read all the support here I could find and I think I have all the settings correct and the path to TC is also correct. Yet copy/paste operations still seem to use native windows copy. See attached pics. Any ideas pls?
Attachments
2021-04-03 (7).png
2021-04-03 (7).png (98.51 KiB) Viewed 3926 times
2021-04-03 (5).png
2021-04-03 (5).png (82 KiB) Viewed 3926 times
2021-04-03 (4).png
2021-04-03 (4).png (73.67 KiB) Viewed 3926 times
2021-04-03 (2).png
2021-04-03 (2).png (32.7 KiB) Viewed 3926 times

nas8e9

Re: Unable to get TeraCopy integration to work :(

Post by nas8e9 »

Do you run a 64-bit version of Windows? If so, you need to use the %ProgramW6432%-variable to denote TeraCopy's Program Files-folder.

Additionally, you may want to specify separate copy and move switches like so:

Code: Select all

TeraCopy|%ProgramW6432%\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe|Copy|Move

rimanek

Post by rimanek »

Thank you very much for this. I had checked the original path in Windows Explorer and it pointed to the TeraCopy folder, nevertheless I did put the path suggested by you (which also works in Windows explorer, points to TeraCopy). Yet, nothing changes with your suggested script, I still get the windows copy or move dialogue/progress box when I try to copy or move something. :(

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

To make sure, can you post a screenshot of your current External Copy Handlers-dialog?

rimanek

Post by rimanek »

Below is what it says after your suggestion (and "select copy handler" is now pointed to the last one). As I said, if I put "%ProgramW6432%\TeraCopy\" in Windows Explorer, it does jump into the TeraCopy directory.

TeraCopy (Rename All)|C:\Program Files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe|/RenameAll
TeraCopy (Overwrite Older)|C:\Program Files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe|/OverwriteOlder
TeraCopy|C:\Program Files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe|/Close /open_window
TeraCopy new|%ProgramW6432%\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe|Copy|Move

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

rimanek wrote: 05 Apr 2021 19:11 Below is what it says after your suggestion (and "select copy handler" is now pointed to the last one). As I said, if I put "%ProgramW6432%\TeraCopy\" in Windows Explorer, it does jump into the TeraCopy directory.

TeraCopy (Rename All)|C:\Program Files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe|/RenameAll
TeraCopy (Overwrite Older)|C:\Program Files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe|/OverwriteOlder
TeraCopy|C:\Program Files\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe|/Close /open_window
TeraCopy new|%ProgramW6432%\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe|Copy|Move
Does it make a difference if you delete all four lines and then copy the line I suggested?

rimanek

Post by rimanek »

I tried and no difference.

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

rimanek wrote: 05 Apr 2021 21:08 I tried and no difference.
There remains one final test if you want: run XYplorer with a fresh configuration; add:

Code: Select all

TeraCopy|%ProgramW6432%\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe|Copy|Move
... to the Configure External Copy Handlers dialog; and select TeraCopy as the copy handler. To be clear: leave all other settings for the time being.

rimanek

Post by rimanek »

Thank you very much. So as bizarre as it is:
The fresh profile still doesn't activate TeraCopy.
But if I put your script (the path part) into windows explorer, it does open TeraCopy.
I am at a complete loss. :(

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

That's very odd.

FWIW, XYplorer's native background copy functionality is very good and supports undo?

rimanek

Post by rimanek »

Ok. My main reason for using TeraCopy is to maintain "created" and "modified" stamps when copying or moving files. I presume XYplorer copy engine allows that if I select "preserve all item dates"?

I have tried checking "custom copy" and deleted any scripts, so I presume that should select the XYplorer copy engine, right? How do I know if it's working? If I try to copy a file over the same file, I still get a windows dialogue asking me if i want to overwrite or skip. The same one I get when I had TeraCopy selected, which didn't seem to work.

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

rimanek wrote: 06 Apr 2021 14:49 Ok. My main reason for using TeraCopy is to maintain "created" and "modified" stamps when copying or moving files. I presume XYplorer copy engine allows that if I select "preserve all item dates"?
That's right.
I have tried checking "custom copy" and deleted any scripts, so I presume that should select the XYplorer copy engine, right? How do I know if it's working? If I try to copy a file over the same file, I still get a windows dialogue asking me if i want to overwrite or skip. The same one I get when I had TeraCopy selected, which didn't seem to work.
Below are screenshots of my settings:
Settings 2.png
Settings 2.png (25.7 KiB) Viewed 3755 times
Settings 1.png
Settings 1.png (11.58 KiB) Viewed 3755 times

Malarki

Post by Malarki »

Just my 2 cents: I long ago dropped Teracopy (purchased) in favor of FastCopy (free). The main reason was fatal file-losing bugs in TC, and its general clunkiness. In the years since TC has no doubt been improved but I'm not going back. FastCopy is great, and integrates fine in XY.

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

Malarki wrote: 09 Apr 2021 07:32 Just my 2 cents: I long ago dropped Teracopy (purchased) in favor of FastCopy (free). The main reason was fatal file-losing bugs in TC, and its general clunkiness. In the years since TC has no doubt been improved but I'm not going back. FastCopy is great, and integrates fine in XY.
Unfortunately FastCopy doesn't seem to support preserving date created and modified, when copying and moving?

Horst

Post by Horst »

nas8e9 wrote: 09 Apr 2021 08:57
Malarki wrote: 09 Apr 2021 07:32 Just my 2 cents: I long ago dropped Teracopy (purchased) in favor of FastCopy (free). The main reason was fatal file-losing bugs in TC, and its general clunkiness. In the years since TC has no doubt been improved but I'm not going back. FastCopy is great, and integrates fine in XY.
Unfortunately FastCopy doesn't seem to support preserving date created and modified, when copying and moving?
I use FastCopy since years in Total Commander and it definitely preserves this dates !
My FastCopy version is 3.92
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
Portable XYplorer (actual version, including betas)
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69