Combine toolbar with address bar

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
JLoftus

Combine toolbar with address bar

Post by JLoftus »

With Ultrawide and even Super-Ultrawide monitors becoming more and more common, having the address bar take up the entire width of XYplorer is wasteful:
The vast majority of the time, any text input or paths shown in the address bar use only a small percentage of its width (C:\Temp\temp here), and also if the toolbar could be combined (as a preference) with the address bar, then you recover the vertical space previously used by the toolbar. That could mean showing an extra line or two of details without scrolling.

Don, I searched but can't find a comment you made, that I thought I remembered reading long ago, something like "making the toolbar dockable/dragable/floating" was too difficult or not possible. But, even so, could
something like the above get done without floating, as a preference or tweak/option?

I've created a mock-up to help illustrate this wish idea:
Attachments
2021-04-01_13-59-23.jpg
2021-04-01_13-59-23.jpg (319.49 KiB) Viewed 743 times

jupe

Re: Combine toolbar with address bar

Post by jupe »

Already possible:

Window | Arrangement | Address Bar and Toolbar Stacked [ ]

Window | Arrangement | Toolbar First

JLoftus

Post by JLoftus »

great! Thank you! The only thing to improve this is it appears they are sized to split 50/50? Can their sizes (widths) be changed?

Edit: IOW if I have the address bar first, could I "shrink it" some?

jupe

Post by jupe »

Value in pixels, adjust to suit:

AddressBarWidth=400

for instructions on how to tweak: https://www.xyplorer.com/faq-topic.php?id=tweak

• >>>>>> Moved topic to T&T Q&A

JLoftus

Post by JLoftus »

outstanding! thank you again!