Adaptive name column width

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
glusberg

Adaptive name column width

Post by glusberg »

I think this might not be a technical issue but my own conceptual understanding.
I am using version 21.50.137.

Whenever I open a folder (with stuff in it), it usually opens (when the file names are fairly short) too narrowly for my taste.
So my usual correction to this is to Double-click on the line numbers header (Autosize columns now). This, of course, works fine, as expected. But it makes the name column no wider than it needs to be to see the longest file name.
I would like the minimum file name width to be longer than that, so I usually drag the remaining default columns (for me that is ext, size, modified & created) to the right (until created hits the right edge of the window). I know, a confusing description.

I thought that the adaptive name column width set to xxx would fix my problem, but it does not seem to make any difference. So at some point, it took a wrong turn on my logical understanding of how this works.

Any suggestions?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Adaptive name column width

Post by admin »

The "Adaptive name column width" sets in when you now (after your dragged your other columns to optimal position/width) resize the list or the whole window. Then the name column will resize as well, while the other columns stay in optimal position.